“Best Naan we've had.”
Review of The Dhaba

The Dhaba
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dhaba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 887 Restaurants in Tempe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The embodiment of food in the spirit of the nation is an integral part of its identity. Our Dhaba is the embodiment of Punjabi food and Punjab - a state that has been the envy of the nation (India). In India and Pakistan, highways are dotted with local restaurants popularly known as 'Dhabas', providing local cuisine and serving as stops for truck drivers. Dhabas are traditionally characterized by casual seating on cots (called chaarpai in Hindi) and food prepared in clay ovens (tandoor). Over time Dhabas have come to define a culture, centered on food. Real Punjabi has been influenced by the diverse culinary cultures of Persia, Afghanistan and Central Asia. Punjab provided a conduit to caravans from Bukhara, Kabul & Kashmir. The wonderful frontier foods intertwined with the rich stream of Hindu, Sikh, Pathan, Muslim and Kashmiri migrants enriched the Punjabi cuisine. Our Dhaba food is non monolithic. It's simple. It's rich. It's robust. It's diverse. Please join our chefs and staff to explore real food prepared by real people.
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We were in the area looking for possible vacation properties and stopped in for lunch. Don't let the outside deceive you. The food is incredible and the service just the same. I was able to enjoy a vegan lunch while my husband has a traditional chicken dish. We will definitely visit again. I'm already looking forward to my left overs!!

1  Thank sunnydays007
Raveen D, Owner at The Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thanks for stopping by while you were in the area, sunnydays007! I am happy to hear you had a wonderful experience with us and really enjoyed everything. I hope to see you again soon. Best, Raveen (Owner)

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Have had the Chicken Tikki Masala twice, and this time I ventured to a number 6 in degree of spiciness(hot) ... too much for me but absolutely delicious. I just had to eat more naan as a result. Staff is friendly and attentive, owner made sure my meal was good. Overall, I highly recommend it. You won't be dissapointed

1  Thank Yorka V
Raveen D, Owner at The Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Yorka! I am glad to hear you love our Chicken Tikki Masala and try out different spiciness levels. I hope to see you again soon for another meal. Best, Raveen (Owner)

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Our first time at this restaurant on Velentine's day was a very nice experience. The service was excellent despite it being very busy, the food was good and would have been great too but my lamb was a little too long on the BBQ and there was some slight burnt taste. The other meats and dishes were all done just right with nice flavors.
We will be try this restaurant again soon.

1  Thank annepaul33
Raveen D, Owner at The Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thanks for stopping by for Valentine's Day, annepaul33. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your first visit with us and I look forward to seeing you again. Best, Raveen (Owner)

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

I visited The Dhaba last evening and ordered the equivalent to a Chicken Tikka Masala. What I got as you can see from the picture was a whole lot of Masala looking sauce without the chicken! Now I come from London, and I know a good curry when it’s placed in front of me. This bowl of slop has to be one of the worst I’ve ever tried to eat! Not only was it poor, but it was was way overpriced!
I’ve read the reviews on this restaurant, saying how good it is, well all I need to say is, these people need to get out to the big City and try an Indian restaurant there, if they did, they sure wouldn’t come back to this one!

1  Thank Steve W
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

A bit pricey.
Naan was delicious.
Vindaloo had too much of a tomato taste.
Vegetable karma was mostly potatoes

1  Thank Beckle100
Raveen D, Owner at The Dhaba, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thanks for stopping by Beckle100. I hope to see you again. Best, Raveen (Owner)