“It Was Good.”

Chompie's
Ranked #18 of 870 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chompie's Restaurant, Deli, and Bakery bring classic family recipes from New York to Tempe, AZ. Come enjoy specialty breakfast items served all day long, an award-winning kids menu packed with fun and delicious food kids love to chomp, authentic NY pastrami and corned beef, and our famous Jewish sliders. Mastering our Ultimate Slider Challenge will earn you a spot on our wall of fame. Savor all-day breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days a week. Jewish specialties are made with love fresh daily in our Deli and Bakery. You are invited to drool over homemade bread, cakes, gourmet pastries, and butter cookies. There's nothing else in Tempe like our boiled-then-baked bagels and 12 fresh cream cheese varieties. Can't get to us? We offer catering for any occasion or event and an online store. Visit Chompie's for an extensive menu guaranteed to satisfy any appetite.
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I went there for lunch, had the Chompies Benedict. It was very good, good sauce, the side of fruit was very nice. My server was busy but efficient and polite. I felt the value for my money to be good.
My only complaint is there are too many choices on the menu. If I hadn’t checked ahead, on line, I would have felt overwhelmed. I have no doubt that everything they offer tastes good but I don’t understand why restaurants feel they have to offer EVERYTHING.
Simplify your menu and make those items great, customers will keep coming.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Restaurant is large and well spaced. Menu is very varied and very traditional Jewish deli food. They have a number of special dinners at $10.99. I had the 1/2 roast chicken. Very large 1/2 chicken - cooked very well - crispy outside and tender inside. Came with a matzo stuffing - excellent, mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans + 2 sauces - chicken and brown. No way to eat it all at one sitting. Friend had the Reuben bagel - also very large and 1/2 came home as well as 1/2 the chicken dinner. Quite the bargain. No one would go hungry at Chompies!!!!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Sandwiches are amazing! Meat is piled high. Matzoh ball soup is so good. Homemade with big chunks of carrots and a large matzoh ball. Eggs also good. I had scrambled with hash browns (good!) and rye toast. 9 layer chocolate cake is the best way to end the meal!
But service was slow. Waitress was friendly and attentive when she was at the table but it was a long wait after the meal to get her back for dessert order. Even longer to get the check and to pay.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Pastrami was especially fatty, unedible tonite. Left most of it on plate and ate just the rye bread and chicken soup. Chicken soup excellent as always. Almond pastry roll very stale. Threw most of it out at home.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Stopped in for breakfast with my wife and daughter-in-law while while were headed for the airport for a flight in the morning. Each of us had something different. I had the basic, eggs, hash browns, sausage and toast. Pretty basic. The wife raved about the lox and bagels. Not a bad stop.