“Great traditional Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food!”
Review of Phoenicia Cafe

Phoenicia Cafe
Ranked #184 of 817 Restaurants in Tempe
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I absolutely love this place. I come here at least once every year when I visit Tempe! Not only do they have great food, but they also have a neat little market attached to it. Lots of options on the menu, all tasty, and all quite affordable.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

We stopped in for lunch after walking by the day before. The staff was friendly and the food was quick to our table. OMG it was amazing. We ordered both a gyros plate and the gyros combo. Everything was above and beyond good. The hummus, tabouli, pickles and greek fries were great. The gyros, tzatziki, and pita were out of this world.

We're still enjoying the baklava we got to go (as we were too full for dessert after lunch but couldn't pass it up) - they have something like 8 varieties!

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

One of the best Mediterranean (Tunisian) restaurants in Arizona. You need to try the shishkafta "sandwich". It's fantastic! But all of their food is great

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Friendly service, perfect gyro. Large serving, loaded with perfect lamb, a little crispy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside. Came with a good amount of tziki, topped with lettuce and tomato. A lot of gyro's seem to come with extra stuff that I'm not really looking for. This had everything I need, nothing I dont.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Located on/next to the ASU campus, this spot hits the mark for Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food.

The food, while prepared by Hispanic kitchen staff, certainly has the flavor of Middle Eastern fare. I had the Phoenician Combo, which for the price represented a good value, given the portion of food received. It was tasty, and the garlic sauce (house made), was delicious. I bought baklava to go, and it too was delicious.

Service was quick, but we were the second party in the place just after opening, so I couldn't say what it's like during a rush.

Keep an eye on your bill when you go to pay; they don't write amounts on your check for comparison to the prices listed on the menu, instead leaving it to the cashier at the front to tally from memory. I believe I was charged $14.99, when the menu states my meal as $12.99. Looking at Yelp, I see reviews stating the same issue.

Would I go back? Yes, as everything, with the exception of the billing issue, was great.