“Worse meal/service in a long time.”
Review of Blasted Barley

Blasted Barley
Ranked #184 of 809 Restaurants in Tempe
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar
Description: A microbrewery, Blasted Barley Beer Company offers an oasis for beer lovers of all types, from the craft beer Cicerone (expert) to those who just want to escape to a great quality beer on a hot day. With more than 30 craft beer varieties on tap (including some of our own signature suds) and a bold, elevated menu created by our Executive Chef Sarah Waconda (goes well beyond typical "bar food"), Blasted Barley Beer Co. is sure to be hotspot for any occasion. Be it a pre-game get together, a big night out, or a lazy Sunday brunch afternoon, Blasted Barley serves up ample interior seating and an always-inviting patio. Blasted Barley Beer Company brews it beer with laughter and love. We like to get crazy and fool around but we have some classic styles we can't help running back to. Our Resident Head Brewer at Blasted Barley Beer Company, Ian Campbell-O'Neill, is a local brewer who turned a hobby into a profession. Ian makes our house made craft beer right here on world famous Mill Avenue in Tempe, Arizona. Often found skateboarding and adventuring with his black Labrador (Nixon), he also enjoys sharing stories and craft beer with friends and family. A true craftsman, Ian's quote is "Beer. A story that needs to be told." He is energetic and kind, stop in and cheers with him!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were a 3 generation party of 9 on a very slow night here. Things started off poorly when it took almost 10 minutes for server to bring drinks. There were very few people there so not sure what the hold up was. Two of us ordered margaritas, one was ok and mine I sent back. Beer and sodas were fine. Appetizers of buffalo tots, pretzels with beer cheese and cauliflower were all decent bar food, and the best thing of the evening. First 2 dinners came out - turkey burger and wings. Asked for mild, got traditional which I was not told were medium so they didn't get eaten. Five minutes passed before other entrees came out, except for one! He waited at least 5 minutes before his black bean burger came out and then it was mushy and it got left on the plate after a few bites. The turkey burger was also not very tasty and half of that got left as well. If it was not for appetizers and going for ice cream after, several of us would have left hungry.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good local brewery, though at times runs out of its own brew - though does offer other local brews. Food ok, though not for vegetarians. Large place - and lots of outdoor seating.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

It took the bartender 15 minutes to recognize my presence. Although he quickly noticed the cute brunette ASU student across the bar from me. She ordered water. Guess who would tip more? I ordered the Despacio. A craft beer margarita style cocktail. It was delicious. As my bartender served it to me, he sloshed it on himself and the bar. Need I mention that he did not wipe the glass or the counter? I found a waitress to retrieve a napkin for me and cleaned up the mess myself.

I’ll come back because I like the location and the drinks. I just wish I wasn’t invisible.

1  Thank knitkap
Reviewed 12 November 2017

It's nice that this restaurant is a little off Mill Ave (despite the address being on Mill). It's a cute restaurant with quite a bit of outdoor space. There's the front patio on which there's live music. We went on a Friday night and the music was quite good. We sat in the back patio with a view over the little park next door. We had read that service was slow. Well, we kind of enjoyed that as we simply sat out back and listed to the live music piped in on the speakers. Food, for the most part was not good. Despite happy hour, prices were still quite expensive. Blasted Barley Hefeweizen was good as was the AZ Paloma. Blasted popcorn was disgusting and had more kernels on the bottom of the bowl than popcorn. Cauliflower kebabs were tasty but way over-priced despite happy hour discount. Pretzel sticks were actually just pretzel rolls heated up. Won't be back.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Blasted Barley is your typical ASU hang out with a selection of beers that are ok! The menu is basic with sandwiches wraps etc! Lots of TV's if you are into that thing! Not a date place . Ok for a gathering of friends with outdoor seating