“Excellent salads!”

Perfect Pear Bistro
Ranked #51 of 829 Restaurants in Tempe
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Easy going place to get a great sandwich, salad - a light dinner - with excellent quality food and service. I am looking forward to visiting again next time I go to Tempe.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

As the name denotes, this restaurant loves pears and uses them in many dishes. $10-12 entres: mostly salads and sandwiches, but lovely food ----- pleasing to see, great tasting and nice variety.
My husband had the specialty of grilled cheese (4 different kinds) with bacon on pear bread----delicious, he said. I had a melt of sirloin and cheese on marble rye---also great. Nice craft beer selection and a few varieties of wine were available. Wait staff was over stretched on the evening we were there but the service was adequate. Ambiance is fun----there is a patio screened off the street and parking lot. Parking on site--free. Nice place and we will go back next time we are in Tempe/Mesa.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Drop in for lunch. The menu is carefully crafted, balancing the freshest of ingredients, often prepared or combined in ways not found in many such casual restaurants. Several salads, soups, sandwiches and light entrees. They cater to the ++++-free crowd as well, so whatever your allergy or aversion, you'll find something to love. Or, sink into one of several grilled cheese sandwiches, each prepared on fabulous breads with the best of cheese.

My reason for four stars rather than five? The service was scattered or missing, and, they ran out of coffee by 11:30. From other reviews, however, we had an unusual experience on both counts.

We'd happily return.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Service was excellent and attentive, but the food was so-so. My husband had a pasta dish - rigatoni, I believe, with added chicken. It was a tomato based sauce which the thought tasted canned. The chicken was chunks that were mixed in with the sauce. I had the perfect grilled cheese. The pear bread is excellent and sweet. The sandwich itself was just okay. I had a side salad, which was generous, but ordinary.

I’d be happy to buy the bread as a special treat, but the rest was unremarkable.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Been here numerous times and the quality of food continues to be very high. For lunch this time I had the half soup and half salad special. Had the perfect pear classic salad and the white bean and chicken soup. Both were excellent and the half portions were plenty. Had a glass of the red blend wine which was great also. If you want a consistent place visit this place. Service great and ambiance superb.