1,449 results
All reviews top of the rock market cafe pool bar narande spa unique property great pool angels spring training pool side breakfast buffet close to the airport business trip guest rooms bit dated business or pleasure fitness center pools tubs
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The location in between the rock formations is very unique. The pool area is great. Staff were very friendly and accommodating, esp Saul. They need to update, which can be over looked if the overall presentation of the hallways and rooms exudes freshness and cleanliness. Our room and the hallway leading to our room was musty and smelly. This is dry, arid desert. The issue isn't due to the weather. It's a problem within the hotel's HVAC system. We called the front desk about the issue. They sent someone, but he disagreed that it smelled, and just sprayed some kind of fragrance all over. That was worse. He also recommended we open the window to air out the room.....facing I-10. Yeah, no problem. We enjoy listening to highway noise all night. We appreciated the attempt. This has great potential, but some facility issues need addressing and new carpeting would help immensely.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Elizabeth G, Manager at Phoenix Marriott Resort Tempe at The Buttes, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. After reading your comments about our property I would like to ask if you could provide me with some insight into your experience. We do strive to improve daily and any specifics you many have will help us to work with our staff to ensure that this was an isolated issue. I would appreciate the opportunity to be able to address your concerns with the appropriate teams.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I was traveling here to attend a conference in January 2018 and I must say this resort does leave an impression on you the moment you spot it and then enter it. Since I took an uber, we reached an open parking lot of the stadium as the resort is behind the hill so it was quite an adventure getting there. Unfortunate for the uber driver though as he had to put in extra effort to get there. The lobby is small and has pre defined zones in that there is a casual restaurant and a store at the same level. To this extent it is quite functional, modern in appearance and not opulent. The room alloted to me was on the first floor which is actually at the ground level as this is a resort. Hence no view per se and all I could see was the parking lot. But then I did not spend much time in my room as I was there for a conference. The room was incoveniently located as it was the last (or first depending on how you see it) room down a long corridor. I did not get to try the other property amenities such as the pool and the cafe on the rock which is a unique marketing point for the property. I did eat in the cafe in the lobby and the food was acceptable though not delightful. Being a vegetarian, I had limited options. But the staff was helpful and tried their best for me which I appreciate. My room was clean, and had the basic amenities such as ironing board and coffee maker. Nice soaps in the wash room too. Shower area was adequate but somewhat confined. Room service is steep, takes time and is not recommended. Overall, it was alright and I dont mind coming there when I can really experience its facilities a little more.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ashishm9
Elizabeth G, Manager at Phoenix Marriott Resort Tempe at The Buttes, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the true beauty The Buttes has to offer! We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here while watching the Angels spring training. My husband stayed at this property a few years ago & told me I would love it...he was right!!!
Not only is it a 1 minute walk to the spring training stadium, it’s an incredible resort!

I’m giving it a 5 star review because of the staff!!! Seriously, every single person we came into contact with from the waitresses/waiters, valets, bartenders, front desk attendant were the friendliest, most-accommodating people ever!
Yes, the property could be updated but when the staff is this spectacular, that’s worth it’s weight in gold!
Highly recommend...will be back :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank mobro1
Elizabeth G, Manager at Phoenix Marriott Resort Tempe at The Buttes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

I wanted to find a golf vacation, but my wife is not into golf so much. Our compromise was to stay at a nice resort with a spa. Bingo...Phoneix Marriott at the Buttes. Great hotel in a central location. Not too far from the airport. Two restaurants, including Top of the Rock fine dining with awesome views of city. Lagoon style pool, with several hot pools and poolside bar. And to top it off, a great spa which we both enjoyed. Also right next to a spring training baseball stadium, and close to golf courses. Also great service at bars and restaurants, and you can even pick your time for room service. Top notch hotel, highly recommend!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth G, Manager at Phoenix Marriott Resort Tempe at The Buttes, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the uniqueness and true beauty The Buttes has to offer! We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We stayed at the Marriott Tempe at the Buttes for a 4-day hockey tournament in Phoenix. The pool and the views are gorgeous, and the kids had a great time on the slide and in the pools. But...
The valet staff was very helpful and nice, but it stopped there. The rooms are quite dated, with popcorn ceilings that I can reach (I'm only 5'6", taller and you'd be ducking often). The bathroom door was a slide-out pocket door that didn't close (good thing we're a close family). The service was NOT similar to any Marriott I have ever been to... Starting with the snarky front desk gal who made my husband return to the car for my ID, even though he was also listed on the room. I overheard them in heated conversations with other guests, so it wasn't just us. Room service was "no-fuss," which arrived in take out boxes in a bag. The room service menu was limited, and they would not include any of the kids menu items available at any of the other hotel restaurants, so I had to go to the pool restaurant and order it "to go" (although this was a bit better, since these meals actually came with a plate and silverware). Housekeeping forgot our floor until 4-5 pm one day. There was a fire in one of the AC units, filling the floor with smoke, that security wouldn't address because the "Privacy" sign was on the door to that room and there was no answer at the door. Finally, the gift shop rudely refused to allow me to charge to my room because I didn't have my driver's license with me (if I had my whole wallet then I would not need a room charge, but I only had the room key, as I was at the pool). I suppose I could've dealt with many of these inconveniences if the staff had been remotely nice or apologetic about it.
Anyways, the place has great potential if it got some room renovations and a new staff.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Elizabeth G, Manager at Phoenix Marriott Resort Tempe at The Buttes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

As the person who facilities the service training on property, I cannot thank you enough for your insight. It is feedback like yours that allows us to further train the staff to ensure that this type of situation does not happen again in the future. It is our goal to constantly provide the highest in both product and service, and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards. I have spoken with all individuals involved to ensure that they understand the impact this can have on our guests.

Once again, I am so sorry for the experience you had with us but then again, very thankful you took the time to let me know about your experience in detail.