“Excellence over the years”
Review of Pita Jungle

Pita Jungle
Ranked #113 of 893 Restaurants in Tempe
Description: Brunch - Sat/Sun 10am - 2:30pm
Description: Brunch - Sat/Sun 10am - 2:30pm
Reviewed 12 August 2017

We've been coming to PJ probably for a couple of decades. The food has always been mouth-watering, and the service is always excellent. It's a bit harder to get to in the new location, but well worth dealing with the downtown traffic and parking. And by being on Mill, it is more convenient for legions of students, faculty and staff at ASU, as well as out-of-town visitors. The setting is also more spacious, while continuing the tradition of cutting-edge artwork on the walls. PJ offers delicious food that is the stuff of fantasies, and yet the Mediterranean menu provides numerous healthful options. PJ really has it all, and we will be back again and again.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 29 May 2017

I've been to several other Pita Jungles, and like the other locations, the menu and food did not disappoint. On this occasion I met a friend for lunch. Normally, I don't like coming to Mill Ave on a Friday for lunch, but school was out, so I could actually find parking in the city lot close by.

What was different about this location was the level of noise - the music was really cranked up, so sharing a conversation was a little challenging. The service was fabulous, and the food was great. I so love the variety of the menu, and flexibility to customize an order,

My favorite appetizer is the cauliflower with tahini sauce, but somehow I resisted ordering this time. Felling a bit adventuresome, I tried the option to make my gyro a "bowl" with brown rice. It was really good!

My friend had the roasted veggie salad and that looked really yummy - I will definitely try that on my next trip.

I also very much appreciate the offer of an iced-tea to go. In the Phoenix heat, it is a blessing.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 27 March 2017

I've been eating at Pita Jungle for over 20 years since they had a single location on Apache Blvd in Tempe and I highly recommend their food. That original location had expanded but then relocated to University and Mill in Tempe about a year ago. They tried to replicate the funkiness of the original location, but it just seems overdone.....it's just obvious that it's not naturally funky like the original. And parking is a pain. It's unlikely you'll find any overpriced meter space on the street so you'll have to park in Tempe's overpriced city lots a couple of blocks away. If you're taking light rail or the bus, though, this is a great place to go. If you're driving, however, and don't have any other business in downtown Tempe, I'd recommend driving to Mesa (Southern and Dobson) where they have adequate on-site parking. The menu is similar. The service is generally good at either location. Regarding the menu, If you like beans, I'd recommend ordering something with or a side of their mixed beans. I also like their falafel. There aren't as many vegetarian options on the menu as their used to be, but they're well tuned in to vegetarian and gluten free needs, and they're extremely flexible at preparing whatever you want to meet your dietary needs.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Wandered in for a late lunch after visiting the ASU Ceramics Research Center at the Brickyard on Mill Ave.
Our service was fast and friendly, the food fresh and in generous portions.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Happened upon this place and what a find. Right at the edge of the Mill Ave district in Tempe so it is near some cool night life.

Wild decorations...looks like a subway plaza with good graffiti...actually it's kind of cool

We found plenty of great vegetarian options and could adapt any dish by adding tofu.

We had the quinoa chili and the lentil salad and they were both great.

Great place to have a healthy meal and then cruise the Mill Ave shops.