“Traditional Mediterranean restaurant in Tempe”
Review of Moroccan Paradise

Moroccan Paradise
Ranked #288 of 829 Restaurants in Tempe
Reviewed 16 December 2017

Very good food in a pleasant atmosphere. Four of us dined; everyone enjoyed their meal; no one ordered the same item. We had 1) lamb chops, 2) chicken tajine, 3) beef with prunes tajine, and 4) vegetable tajine (?). The service was a little less than expected but not a big issue. (Another diner's meal was delivered to our table; one of the orders were the same on both tables-- LOL). Price was reasonable. Nice change of pace. Check it out.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

A friend and I had dinner here the other night. We both ordered the Morrocan Mint Tea which is made with fresh mint leaves.It was delicious. The staff was friendly and shared a number of Morrocan stories with us. They have created a very nice atmosphere. I had going out to eat and feeling rushed like what happens in so many restraunts. We were able to take our time, have a lively conversation and enjoy our food and tea. I'll be going back.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

The owner greeted us and spoke some of his origins in Fes and coming to Montreal originally. Having been to Morroco we enjoyed hearing his stories.
The food was good and well presented. The atmosphere was inviting and we will visit again.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Former Chicken & Waffles Rest. convenient to tram. Wife & I were promptly seated, and offered menus. Some tap brews were out, but server (very friendly) offered substitute IPA. Both meals were tasty, my lamb chops were just right medium rare. Wife had mixed grill and liked it. Skipped dessert, too full. Will return.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

When I found this restaurant I was looking forward to having authentic Moroccan food in my backyard. I was in Morocco in September 2016, and had the most amazing food.

I took my wife and kids and promised them a feast. The restaurant is clean, well decorated, and located in a plaza with ample parking.

For an appetizer, we had a plate of combo salads. And, for the main course we had the beef tajine with prunes, and the chicken tajine with olives.

The appetizer gets 2.5 out of 5; it was average and one of the salads had a bitter taste. The main course was a big disappointment and I give it 1.5 out of 5 for the lack of authenticity and taste.

The chicken tajine, was nothing like what I had in Morocco. The chicken was fried and put on top of some broth with olives. The chicken was dry and had no flavor and clearly cooked a day before. It honestly looked and tasted like the fried whole-chicken you buy from a grocery store.

The beef tajine tasted a bit better and had some flavor. However, there were some hard chewy pieces. And it did not have toasted almonds cooked with it, like the authentic Moroccan dish.

Both tajines come with rice and we substituted it with Couscous. It was dry and clearly not freshly prepared.

Moroccan tajines are slowly cooked for hours in low heat - where the meat falls of the bone and melts in your mouth. Tajines are full of flavor and well seasoned with Moroccan spices.

I expressed my dissatisfaction to the owner and even showed him photos of the same dishes I had in Morocco. I think he agreed with me and was only able to offer excuses for not delivering.