All reviews the hotel manager great pool breakfast buffet hotel restaurant the air conditioning beautiful grounds accommodations animals trees jungle
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I am here at Hotel Diuwak now. They removed phones from the rooms because people were calling the front desk to ask for things like towels. Coffee is free in room the first night. After that, 2$. They do not care. This place is ridiculously bad

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We end up having to stay at Diuwak only because there's really not many other options for hotels in Dominical. We love Dominical and love supporting the local community but it just stinks we have to spend our money at Diuwak. It's a decent place, with the exception that there's never a room with a nice working shower with hot water ever, but I only decided to write this review after a hugely disappointing experience with the complete lack of customer service at the front desk staff. Guest satisfaction is most definitely NOT a priority at this hotel, it's money.

I have stayed here many times with tourist groups that we bring to Dominical, so I feel I have a pretty good level of knowledge of the place. I decided to bring my family here to show them Dominical and Costa Rica, and because our reservation somewhere else fell through, we again had to resort to Diuwak. I know there are rooms with room for three people, but had made our reservation through travelocity for 2; upon check in and realizing this mistake, I didn't think to correct it or that it would be a problem. The guy checking us in was upset to know we had three people and was attempting to charge us more for the room because of that. I tried to reason with him and was more than willing to pay the extra $5 to cover our third guest at breakfast, and even logged into travelocity and showed him that if I were to book a room with 2 people or 3 people that it didn't matter and the price was the same. Even though he spoke English, we just couldn't seem to understand each other, and he seemed to have eventually been fine with the fact we had an extra person. However, he was unfriendly to us the two days we stayed and after coming to tell him we once again had not hot water, didn't bother fixing it or giving us a different room. After we checked out and left, we noticed on our online bank statement we were charged on our credit card an extra $40, even though he had said (reluctantly) that it was fine. Two people or three, we still just used one room and two beds and two towels between us and essentially no real extra costs were incurred, but they waited until after we checked out to then charge our card extra just to make the profit. It's hugely disappointing that they're more about making money off of us than serving and accommodating us.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Customer service was excellent. Hard working and accommodating staff.. Grounds and pool were kept immaculate. Breakfast was really good. Location was perfect. We had a group of 15, and the facilities worked out great.

Date of stay: January 2018
Orlando C, Gerente at Hotel Diuwak, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thanks for your comments
I hope u come back soon
Regards

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Dominical is a relatively poor hippy kind of place. The staff here are super nice!! And competent. Athis hotel you have to sign out the remote controls. You walk in the tiny room and you are blown away by the smell of formaldehyde or some such super strong cleanser. You cannot flush any kind of toilet paper. The bathroom smells of an open human waste sewer. The mattress is lumpy. The A/C gave me an instant sneezing cold. The power went out over night. Twice. The wifi is extremely weak and not functioning in the room. There is no 24/7 front desk staff or phones in the room. Your room must be inspected while you await the thumbs up at Reception. All in all, no!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We had a really nice stay at Hotel Diuwak. The staff is very nice. The rooms are clean. The pool is refreshing and next to very nice gardens. The restaurant is good. Very close to the beach and everything you need for a very comfortable stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple