Villas Alturas(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$157
Villas Rio Mar(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$92
Hotel Cuna del Angel(Dominical)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$117
US$110
MAVI Surf Hotel de Dominical(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$130
Waterfall Villas(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$189
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Tropical Sands Dominical Eco Inn(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$55
Rio Lindo Resort(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$70
Albergue Alma de Hatillo(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Tree of Life Cabinas(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$99
Cool Vibes Beach Hostel(Dominical)(Great Value!)
US$32
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Super friendly staff, willing to accommodate all my needs, exceeded my expectations. Had a great time staying at Arenas y Sol. They let me stay a little over than check out time so I could add in an extra surf session before I left!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2015

I spend the weekend with my wife and 2 year old son there and ?

The place is a bit run down, there is a welcome desk that a guy (manager) seats and is a very nice guy, he delights every one with cool music, The place in the first impression looks rustic, not to luxurious but when you are back packing or don't go for to much luxury the place is decent.
The price is good, They include Dinner and Breakfast, which is simple and few choices but simple and free is good to me. (not a lot of places in the world includes a Dinner ) so a 5 star to that. like I said not to much to chose from but if is included its perfect. My boy loved the smoothies they serve there.
The bar is small ( don't drink much ) so I guess they close late, The WIFI worked awesome and in the rooms also. The place is ok clean and maintained to their budget, but not weird cut the corners crap.
Parking is away to another lot , (next door) a bit inconvenient since is with a lock and key so you have to get out of the car to lock and unlock. But I'm just commenting about it I am not complaining since that is not inconvenient for me, at least for me.
The rooms are a bit old but clean, bathrooms are ok not great, the place need a mayor face up but there still plenty livable hours left.
It is not luxurious but it has AC ,TV, WIFI hot water and a bed. good enough for me.
the pool is cool,small but clean and deep to the chest my chest (6 foot guy )
over all the place is close to the beach like 1000 feet may be a bit more. the road is a dirt road so do not bring your white shoes.
the place is perfect for back packers and surfers, The Staff friendly and cool, The manager offers tours everywhere (i recommend to shop around ) but yes try it for the price and the included CASADO (Typical Costa Rica dish) yo can not beat it.
Try it it has the GNC rating from me. "Good" "Nice" "Cheap".

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Gr8flyr
Reviewed 13 June 2015

No parking that I could tell, but we backpacked in. The bartender seemed to always be there and was quite friendly. Food was good in the restaurant. AC was great, but the suicide shower did provide a little shock when used. Pool was cool and refreshing and somewhat sheltered. No views. Just a little secure quiet place in the middle of a tourist town in central America, don't expect much more and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room toward the back away from the bar.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Arena y Sol after Envision festival in February. It was our first "hostel" experience so we weren't sure what to expect. They charged us $50 U.S. dollars for a tiny box of a room. It was dirty and the bed was the hardest in Central America. They were not friendly and hassled us about having friends in our room. After further research we found out the actual price should have been no more than $35. Beware don't pay too much!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2015

yes the staff is very rude but what do you expect for $35 parking is not secure the security they claim to have evaded me. they claim to have a free breakfast but they nickel and dime you for stuff like juice or coffee.The pool has this black moldy stuff in the crevices yuck.Avoid this cockroach motel and head down the street.

Room Tip: avoid all the rooms
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo