Cabinas Manolo(Drake Bay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$60
US$20
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$36/night.

Ranchitos Las Cotingas(Drake Bay)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$47
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

Cabinas Pura Vida(Drake Bay)(Great Value!)
US$40
Martina's Place Hostel(Drake Bay)(Great Value!)
US$40
  • Restaurant
Mohagine Hotel(Drake Bay)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$186
Hotels.com
US$300
  • Pool
All reviewsscuba divingfishcorcovado national parkcosta ricasuperior roomhotel stafffloor fancanopy toursan josedive shopwatch the sunrisedive staffhiking trailthe riversound of the waveshot waterzip lining
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Went to Jinetes for four nights last December and had an amazing time. We did the Sirena tour, Cano island snorkeling, and the mangrove tour. All were amazing due to the amazing staff. Everyone worked so hard to make sure we had the best possible time and the group meals (excellent with generous amounts of food) let us meet some really fun and amazing people. Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable given the extremely rustic setting, but don't expect luxury here.Note that the location is VERY rustic and no road access exists-- you get to the hotel by walking across the beach.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kn518
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My husband, son (age21) and I traveled to Drake Bay over the last week of December and the first few days of the New Year. We had the most amazing family trip...diving with Ivan as our dive master was fabulous. On our last day we dove with the psuedo-orcas at devils rock and before that we dove at the Gardens and several other dive sites at Cano Island where we saw some of the largest schools of fish, including tuna, big-eyed jacks, and many, many more. SWe also went on a horseback ride that was hard to describe apart to say, again, amazing. We went places I didn't think horses could go! Then swam beneath the incredible waterfall and rode back beachside. I felt like I was n a movie. We hiked to the Sirena River through the jungle and saw all four species of monkeys, scarlet macaws, a three-toed sloth with her baby, tapirs, a band of peccaries, crocs, and several other small bird species, Our most gracious hosts, Carolyn, Rolando, Giovanni, Ivan, Patrick, and the staff at Hotel de J

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo and lots of socks!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank 808BarbE
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I love this place compared to busier places like Manuel Antonio. People are very nice, no one is pushing to sell souvenirs to you. The hotel itself is pretty simple but it met my needs. An AC would have been nice to have but the fans kept me cool enough at night. Patrick and Victor were very good at organizing all the activities. I went on my first dive with Ivan and saw many cool things. We did the night bug tour not with the famous "bug lady" that I heard about but instead with two guys from the hotel (Giovanni's brother and someone else). They did a pretty good job except I wish they could have provided rubber boots for us because it felt a little dangerous walking into the jungle at night with just running shoes (the guides were wearing knee high boots).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amit A
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Excellent location at Drake Bay, very good service and great staff. Organisation of tours was very good and the guides were very nice and had excellent knowledge about the nature. Good starting point for all activities. BUT
We went to Jinetes for diving at Cano Island. Due to the limited luggage at the airplane we had to rent the equipment. But the equipment was absolutely unacceptable. Old and broken wetsuits, sizes only for very small people and the regulators did spend more water than air. Glasses yellow and salty, ugly.
The second very bad point is the missing waste management at the hotel. We were told about protection of the environment and especially the national parks, but in opposite to all other hotels Jinetes does not consider it as neccessary to have a suitable waste management. Instead the polluted water goes to the sea.
The price is high, for staying overnight and for the activites, therefore one could expect more engagement for the nature, with which they earn their money.
I was very disappointed about these two inacceptable points and will not recommend this hotel to my friends.
The owner lives in San Jose - I hope he will change these things in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Heike15
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I love this place!!!! Friendly, fun and very relaxing. It is located near the water. We woke up to the sound of the waves and the birds singing! The food was excellent. We really enjoyed speaking and interacting with the other guests. The hotel staff was help in finding different activities (scuba diving, zip lining, hiking, kayaking etc). At night, there is a friendly bar to have a few drinks in a quiet and friendly atmosphere. Great value for the money!! Book early as it does fill up during peak season!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends