“Our amazing stay”
Review of Villa Sumaya

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz La Laguna
Villa Sumaya
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure of going on a yoga retreat in November at Villa Sumaya. We got there on my birthday and after dinner I got sang happy birthday by the staff and visitors alike. It was an amazing experiance, and it didn't end there. We had an amazing time, cut off from technology, eating delicous food, by the way we ARE NOT in any vegetarian. But we took a chance and ate that way for the week. We were not disappointed. The food was out of this world! AND the smoothies!!! Oh my gosh, please try them! We went on a hiking adventure, a kayak and cliff jump(omg so much funnnnn!!!), and so many yoga classes. Each one better than I imagined. I'm still sad I couldn't make it to the top of the volcano, but i still had a great time. The views were amazing, the resort is steps from the lake. We jumped off many times, the water was awesome, they also had a hot tub, which was so appriacated after a long hike. We were in the middle of the rainforest, so there were many spiders,ants,etc... and such throughout the resort. But if you told them, they would come move them from your room, yoga studio, etc. Also, on one of low key days, my boyfriend of five years decided to propose to me on this trip, an unforgettable experience. I can't thank the staff and lifetime friends I made, enough for the memories I've made.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Michelle F, Manager at Villa Sumaya, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Brittany, thanks so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review of our family, friends and community run retreat center! We’d love to see you again someday at Sumaya. Sending sunshine and love from Lake Atitlan!

Reviewed 17 November 2017

I had the honor of co-leading a yoga & adventure retreat at Villa Sumaya in November 2017. The accommodations are wonderful, food delicious, views unbelievable, and the management / staff unbelievably helpful and wonderful. I would go back in a heartbeat as a group leader or retreat attendee. I highly recommend Villa Sumaya for all your retreat needs :-)

Stayed: November 2017

Deep gratitude for such a glowing review, Erin. Everyone here at Villa Sumaya puts our hearts into our work, and it seems like you experienced that. We hope you join us again and again. It always an honor to have group leaders return to us.

Blessings from your Sumaya family.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Wow! Just wow. If you are thinking ng of booking some time here or attending a yoga retreat at Villa Sumaya, don't hesitate!

It's the most beautiful spot on Lake Atitlan and they have gone through pain staking measures to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.

Situated on a secluded part of the lake, the beauty just abounds. It really is true what they say: the rainbow takes its colors from this region - looking up all you see are flowers and lush green trees.

The accommodations are cozy and comfortable and there's 2 hot tubs on the premesis to soak away your days.

The food is another part of what makes Villa Sumaya stand out! Amazing care and love goes into every meal they prep....and it's all freakin delicious!!

The staff are warm and friendly and feel like and extension of your family, not folks who work there.

This is a place you should visit in your lifetime!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you so much Hart!
We appreciate your review and love how you've captured a few of the pieces of what make Villa Sumaya so magical. We definitely hope you visit us again.

Gratitude from the lake,
Team Villa Sumaya

Reviewed 1 November 2017

What an incredible and blessed week!
The energy and positive vibrations that surround this place are exactly what was needed for this Yoga retreat and I felt such gratitude for the beauty of the Villa Sumaya. Everywhere you look is a feast for your eyes and will nourish your soul.
There is such thought and consideration for all guests to have everything they need and it was so deeply appreciated.
The Yoga studio is fully stocked with props and both studios are situated to enjoy the views and sounds of the lake and be surrounded by nature.
The food was so incredible and we were all surprised by the yumminess, simplicity and love that created each meal. We were very well nourished and felt very cared for.
I loved being able to browse the little shop filled with carefully sourced Guatemalan handicrafts, and that the best chocolate I have ever eaten was readily available.
Chocolate, good coffee, the soft lovely water to swim and soak in, plentiful places to hang out and relax were so appreciated
The Mayan ceremonies were authentic and helped to open our hearts and to connect with nature and spirit.
The supportive staff of the Villa Sumaya helped to make everything easy and stress free and I am deeply appreciative for all offered and shared
I am already planning my return for next year!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thanks so much for your kind and dazzling review, Jo! We look forward to welcoming you and your group again next year! Sending love and gratitude from the lake.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I've stayed at Villa Sumaya twice now in my time around Lake Atítlan and have to give this place a high rating. The staff really delivers a unique combination of experiences: The stunningly beautiful rooms are very private—you can't see into the windows of most of the rooms as you're walking about the property. Their restaurant has incredible food (in a sanitary kitchen!), and a delicious cafe with snack options between meals (I'm a chocolate lover), as well as sauna/hot tub/spa services with a curated team of professional healers. I've had massages with two of the pros, and they were excellent and very professional.

It's also a conveniently located home base for the many adventures you can take around the lake, and again, the staff goes out of their way to assist you in arranging whatever tours or experiences you'd like to have while there.

I stayed there while they had a larger group retreat (I think it was a yoga retreat) and the energy of the place made every meal time feel like a big family was getting together, yet I was able to escape to my room or a remote part of the property if I wanted some personal time.

If you are looking to get away from it and have all your needs taken care of, try booking at Villa Sumaya. You'll keep on coming back, I promise.

Room Tip: All the rooms are really excellent, but trust that they'll give you the best room for whatever r...