“Amazing Atmosphere”
Review of Mikaso Restaurant

Mikaso Restaurant
Cuisines: Guatemalan, Bar
Description: Mikaso is San Pedro's spot to relax by the water. Come enjoy our amazing view of Lake Atitlan and it's volcanoes, fresh food & thirst-quenching drinks, all in a cozy and friendly atmosphere. Start your day by eating a delightful breakfast, enjoy our happy hours & special cocktails and treat your taste buds to our local bistro menu & pizzas made in a wood burning oven. Pssst... We have live music every week ! We also have WiFi Welcome to our little paradise!!!
Reviewed 20 April 2017

This spot has incredible views and unique style about it. We enjoyed the space so much we came back twice and would consider staying in the hotel if we returned to the area. The food was good, but nothing so extraordinary that I can talk about. It was all about the location and view.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Another place with promise that didn't succeed. Went alone to this place, and ordered a Tzaziki Wrap with fries, along with a ginger tea. The restaurant has magnificent views, and the night I went there was a piano player playing jazzy classical hybrid music.

The server was very nice, a little slow. The tea took about 15 minutes to get, and it tasted basically like hot water. If they'd just left me with a tea bag, I'd have steeped it myself. The wrap took 40 minutes to get to me, and while the plate looked big, colorful, and hearty, with fries and cucumber tomato salad, the wrap was pretty deflated and meager. Seems that they added the cheap side dishes (fries) to make it look bigger. The flavor was pretty good, so I was quite happy with that at least.

The biggest drawback are the prices. Sure, there's a good view and when you're lucky, some live music, but that doesn't permit meager portions at high prices. I can get a heartier wrap for that price at home!

If you want to pay for a view, this is the place. If you a good price, dont come here.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

As we trekked around and the through the back streets of San Pedro, which are seemingly endless and mysterious, we finally started following signs for Hotel Mikaso, out on the end of the waterfront. A path led out to what seemed to be a floating hotel with a huge deck and picturesque rooms with superb views.....like something Hemingway might have stumbled upon in 1950's Havana....very atmospheric! We sat endlessly on the deck drinking beers and gabbing with some young German guys who were playing pool. Two hot tubs adorn the place. Room rates are a bit high, but the views are incredible! While we did not stay there, I recommend that you at least check it out for lodging....and failing that, DO go there and enjoy food and beverages on the deck. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Went to eat dinner. Prices are kind of high considering others in the area. Supposedly known for the brick oven pizzas. Ordered a Margherita Pizza (Pizza Margherita) but the waitress brought me a cheese pizza. When I went to her to tell her I got the wrong pizza she called out the cook who said he was sorry but he did not have any basil. He assured me that there was basil in the tomato sauce. -- Uh, Margherita pizzas doesn't have tomato sauce. I know this because I have eaten them in Rome, Italy on more than one occasion. They are made with with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. The pizza they served simply had (bland) tomato sauce and cheese and Q55 is too much for a cheese pizza here. The only thing served that was accurate was the thin crispy crust.

When the bill came they included a tip automatically. I asked the waitress where the cook was from and she said Italy. Hmmm. I told her if he was from Italy he should know what a Margherita pizza is. She told me that the other worker didn't come to work and so there was no basil.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

The Mikaso is a great place with the best views of the lake. The food is good and the terrace is great for tanning.

Thank Tops P. N