Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2018

We stayed in the casita which was extremely good value for what is essentially a 2br apartment. The Casita has a little nook with a lounge that can be converted to a bed if required. The Casita has all the kitchen utilities you could want and use of a laundry with an additional toilet. Erin was extremely helpful when we arrived and gave us tips on things to do. We stayed 5 nights and had breakfast on the terrace each morning, which was warm and sunny with great views of the lake. The Casita is within easy walking distance of local restaurants and bars. Unfortunately Luna Azul is directly across the bay from the bars which pump out loud thumping music until 11pm every night. This was not a problem the first 2 nights because we were in Bar Sublime, but it is not pleasant when you want to sit and relax at night.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Erin A, Manager at Luna Azul Garden Suites & Casita, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

happy you were comfortable in the Casita. Yes the towns festivities can be quite loud. However the weekends are defiantly a bit more full of enthusiasm ;) Thinking back there was a celebration going on in town. So the noise level was amped up.we hope the beauty of San Pedro and the lake made up for it..

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We were delighted to find Luna Azul and had an extraordinary time there because of the hospitality. Erin was amazing and we became instant friends. Her recommendations and tips were so very helpful and we felt so comfortable. The gardens are beautiful and the WiFi was fast and consistent. It was nice to be so close to restaurants and markets. The breakfasts were terrific and we will definitely come back to this little gem in San Pedro.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank alitelsey

Thank you so much for all your kind words.. It was our pleasure to have you and we look forward to your return :)

Reviewed 21 May 2017

I love the idea of reviews though I rarely get around to doing them. I had to get on here and rave about La Luna Azul. It was amazing! My partner and I stayed here for 8 days. We absolutely loved it! We felt so welcome, comfortable, safe and taken care every single day. The breakfasts were outstandingly delicious. Our room was so clean (cleaned everyday) and we were provided with clean towels and sheets way more than we expected, which we totally appreciated. We loved the laundry service that they offer (Rosenda is an amazing hand washer) and overall Erin, Rosenda and Solina made us feel so comfortable and at home. The space is AMAZING! Our room was decorated so beautifully, it was spacious and we loved that we had our own private bathroom. The gardens are absolutely magical and serene. I loved our pocket of peace, butterflies, hummingbirds and flowers. Truly amazing. Erin you are awesome. We appreciated all the tips and tricks and especially your witty and wonderful personality. Thank you for guiding us and making us feel so comfortable.

Room tip: We stayed in suite 1 and loved it.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JaquelinAnnG
Erin A, Manager at Luna Azul Garden Suites & Casita, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you so very much Jaquelin, we loved having you and Adrian stay with us too. We would have you back in a heartbeat. Your Pocket of peace and Luna Azul family await your return :) Hugs See you soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

My husband and I have been staying in AirBnB's for the past eight months while traveling through Mexico and Guatamala. While looking for a place to stay, we kept coming back to the Luna Azul page but the funkiness of the living room furniture and the lack of kitchen cabinetry, in relation to the price being asked, kept me clicking off the page. In the end, though, we decided to go with it and we are so glad we did! This quickly became one of our top favorite residences.

PERKS
We arrived to a warm welcome from Erin, Hostess Extraordinaire, who gave us a detailed tour of everything we needed to know about the house including the "starter kit" for making coffee, the staples provided for our use in the kitchen, and the rather nice selection of beer and wine she keeps stocked in the house, which is conveniently available for purchase at reasonable prices.

It was the perfect size little house for a month-long visit. My husband turned the small little bedroom into his study and managed to finish the final edits of his novel while we were there.

I'm a sucker for a good bathtub and have to admit that the tub is spa quality! There's plenty of hot water and in the evenings, when I got out, I often had a fire going in the fireplace (not because it was cold, but because it's such a treat to sit in front of the fire).
Dry logs and kindling make for perfectly easy to make crackling hot fires and the housekeeper clears the ashes out of the fireplace the following day!

Having a housekeeper come in daily made our stay that much sweeter. It felt almost like living in a hotel. Fresh towels, a quick damp mop, clean sheets, replenished supplies ... absolutely nothing to want for.

COUNTRY LIVING
Regarding someone's previous review about ants, I can tell you, having lived in Hawaii for years, that if you are shy about insects, remote areas of Guatemala may not be your best travel option! While there are plenty of critters that live around the lake, the housekeepers did a really good job at keeping everything under control. In fact, I noticed that there were a lot of flies in restaurants around town but very few at the casa.

While the house is within walking distance to town, it is at the end of a road so there is no traffic, tuktuk, or street noise whatsoever. There are, however, barking and howling dogs. But that's not just in this neighborhood; that's all over San Pedro. There is a huge dog population here. Seasoned travelers know to carry industrial earplugs. I didn't hear them at all when I had mine in.

SAN PEDRO NIGHT LIFE
There are plenty of places on the lake that you can go to convene with nature. But if your objective is to sit on the porch and listen to the lapping of the lake at night, this is not that place.

San Pedro is where young people come to party. And party they do! Music and sometimes the voice of emcees waft through the airwaves from local clubs. We don't got to bed early, so it wasn't a deal breaker for us. Clubs have to turn the microphones off at 11:00 pm and everything is completely quiet by 1:00. But if you are an early-to-bed type of person who is sensitive to noise, San Pedro may not be your best option. Everyone on this side of San Pedro also hears the local church which sometimes blares music day or night and during holidays, of which there are numerous, there are fireworks going off, as well. For truly quiet living, I'd recommend you go to Santa Cruz.

EXTRAS
Everything is within walking distance of the house including a very well-stocked little health food store and our favorite restaurant, the Fifth Dimension, which is just a five-minute walk away. There you can get excellent slow cooked meals, hearty soups, and exquisitely fresh salads. They also provide takeout.

On the other hand, if you like to cook, the 6-burner propane stove in the kitchen is world class and their kitchen supplies and utensils are plentiful. While I was less than smitten by the photos of the kitchen, it actually turned out to be a great little area and even came with a blender.

The beach is just below the house and there are beach chairs at your disposal. The view from the porch, living room, and bedroom is pretty spectacular, though, and the walk in and out of the house through the enchanting garden areas are a delight so you might just find that you don't need to go anywhere!

FIVE-STAR SERVICE
Erin is readily available to help with anything that comes up and quickly resolves issues with a stroke of her wand. If the rain starts, she makes sure you have just the right umbrella. She should definitely be awarded Super Host status by AirBnB!

I'd rate this accommodation to be within the top 10% of places to stay in San Pedro.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank smassad
Solina T, Owner at Luna Azul Garden Suites & Casita, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Sonny and Gary are quiet, intelligent and mature people. Sonny is full of curiosity and I think enjoyed exploring the lake while Gary stayed in the casita most of the time diligently working on his book. I do think they would have been better suited and accustomed to a western hotel environment but pleasantly surprised by the review. Its difficult to be surrounded by nature and be completely separated from it without an occasional visitation of critters. It is difficult to be in a Mayan pueblo and think that the internet, water supply, gas, electricity and weather will be working in your favor 100% of the time. I am grateful that they appreciated how hard we work to make everything go smoothly. I do hope their travels find them much peace and joy.
I love San Pedro with all its quirks. Guatemala is not a quiet place. Full of celebrations and churches. mornings i wake up to a symphony of birds coupled with hourly buses honking to let us know they are there..Life and death and marriage are celebrated with music fireworks and parades. I look back on why I moved here and realize that i simply fell in love with the lake and the Mayan people. If i had to do it again I would still move to San Pedro. It is the Mayan people that is Lake Atitlan. It is 95% Mayan. We created a garden atmosphere on the edge of this pueblo along the lake. I love the mornings
This pueblo is special to me because it keeps its integrity and still accepts an array of people that come from all over the world to visit it. Unlike other villages on the lake I believe we have the best of both worlds. An eclectic group of visitors from all over the world have made a home and visit here. They have created an array of eclectic restaurants and small businesses. San Pedro has not sold out to the “strangers” There is a young nightlife and attracts a crowd from all over the world because it is so affordable. A few places are definitely quieter (or very touristy as in Panajachel) but do not have markets, a variety of food, bank machines They cater to visitors and the Mayan people are usually servants. Mostly here they own their property and and are extremely tolerant. The Mayan people do as they have done for centuries. They bathe in the lake and wash their clothes with their children. They are a peaceful gentle people. They are full of smiles and joy. That is the beauty of Guatemala. Beyond the few streets that cater to tourists there is a Mayan pueblo where people barter and play and live in an ever-changing world with an amazing amount of beauty and integrity.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We stayed in the Casita for 4 nights and loved it. The place is clean and beautiful with delicious breakfasts. Erin is welcoming and so very helpful. We loved that the place was out of town enough to make it quiet. 5 min walk into town each morning was very pleasant.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Susan M
Solina T, Manager at Luna Azul Garden Suites & Casita, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2017

Thank you Susan, we loved having you stay with us as well. We hope you come back again soon :) Big Hugs Your Luna Azul Family