“Good meal if a bit tourist priced”
Review of Coronado Room

Coronado Room
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Tusayan
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Stopped here for dinner after a meeting and got in just before closing. Staff was friendly and did not have any problem with my coming in about 30 minutes before closing. Had the rack of elk, which was good and a new experience for me. I have had elk before, but not cut like a rack of lamb. The vegetables were a bit bland until I hit them up with salt and pepper. Side salad was quite big and fresh. The dining room had a 90's feeling to it and the wine list was not too in depth. Food came out fast. Rolls were hot and tasty and then the salad was soon after. Prices were a bit touristy, but not too bad considering the location. Elk chops is not something you are going to see everyday.

1  Thank Brandon K

Reviewed 10 January 2018

The meal & the service as fantastic! The staff were very accommodating. We will eat here again when we are in the area.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Having expectations of a nice meal we made a reservation at the Coronado Room. Our waiter was nice but the service was very slow. I ordered their pork chops medium rare with baked potato and my companion ordered the elk tenderloin with baked potato. My pork chops were very overcooked, dry and tasteless and instead of a baked potato I got mashed potatoes. The elk tenderloin had a nice pomegranate reduction but was also overcooked, and again came with mashed potatoes instead of the baked potato. Since it took so long to receive our meals neither of us complained. The starter, a mushroom/brie soup was very tasty, but unlike you would expect at a "fine" dining establishment, was served in a plain bowl with no saucer. Something you would expect at a family diner.

If I had been served this meal at Denny's or the Sizzler I would not have been terribly disappointed, but neither the meal nor the service merited the price of the entrees. I realize that we were at the Grand Canyon and pretty much a captive audience, but we still hoped for a nice meal.

1  Thank Katrianav
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Highly overpriced for the quality of food and service. Food took well over an hour to arrive and order was not correct.

1  Thank Foodie82
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is located in the Best Western. Even so, I'd recommend it. We stayed in the hotel so we chose this restaurant for one of our nights. It was offering a prix fixed menu ($23 between 5:30-7:00pm I think) and I'd recommend it. My salmon was cooked perfectly. The service wasn't great (inexperienced wait staff) and the ambience isn't any thing to write home about, but okay. There aren't a lot of options in this town (price or cuisine) and I'd say that this is a worthwhile option.