“Tasty Steak and Sides”
Review of Outback Steakhouse - CLOSED

Outback Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Our party of three came here for dinner on a Thursday night. My husband had the filet mignon, which he said was good. I had the top sirloin, which was also good. The side of sweet potato with brown sugar and honey was awesome. The bread and house salad were both good too. Would return when in the area.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have been eating a Outback for years and was so disappointed in this one in Yuma. Very slow service resulting in cold food. Sent the meals back after waiting almost 40 minutes, then they returned the meals within 10 min, claiming that they re made the meals, that were obviously just re heated in a microwave. For all our troubles they comped us a 5.99 appetizer. Not impressed, won't go back.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We decided on an early dinner at the Outback today. The BBQ shortrib appetizer was outstanding! We both decided on the Bloomin' onion Sirloin. Ordered Medium, and they were served just the way we like them. My wife had the baked sweet potato and I had fresh vegetables. We were both very pleased. The only thing a little disappointing was the music and the basketball playing on all the TV's. Other than that, the food was excellent. We'll definitely go back, but next time will request a table farther away from the bar area.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

On our way home from San Diego we decided to stop here for an early dinner (4:30pm). The first clue that something was amiss was the noticeable lack of hostesses at the door. Since we normally eat in the bar, and it's open seating there, we went ahead and walked to a table after waiting for the MIA hostesses. In the process of going to a high top, we brushed past 3 wait-staff who were chatting with each other. We sat just 3 tables away from them.

Upon seating ourselves, grabbing a menu and glancing around, we noted that there were less than 12 people in the bar and a glut of waiters (counted 12 at least) and a couple bar tenders (one maybe a manager busy with her clipboard?).

We waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, after several wait staff walking past us as if we were invisible, someone stopped and asked us for our drink order. We ordered 2 beers and commented to each other that the size was not asked. So we watched the young man walk across the bar and chat with people in 2 booths - never turning in our drink order, let alone ask what we wanted to eat.

We waited.

The bartender eventually walked over to ask for our drink order and we explained it had been taken. She left. And we waited. And waited. Finally my husband got up and walked to the bar to place the order again in person with her. And we waited. And we watched. Wait staff wandered around, chatted with each other and a couple of apparent "regulars" as well as sitting in a booth behind us and eating themselves . Never saw our now twice-ordered beer pulled.

And we waited.

Our beers eventually showed up (giant-sized not small), our order taken and again, we waited. 20 min later 2 hamburgers showed up on hot plates but lukewarm food.
It took us far less time to eat and pay our bill than it did to get someone to pay attention.

IF the restaurant had been overflowing with customers, I could understand some of the overlook. This was not the case. It was plain and simple poor customer service, the likes of which I have not seen in a very long time and certainly not in a restaurant like this. Chalk it up to poor training or what have you, but our entire visit was well over an hour and at least 80% of that time was spent waiting and watching staff that had better things to do than wait on a customer.

We won't be returning.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

There are very few Outbacks in the UK, so while visiting Yuma I took the opportunity to try theirs out. We ordered carry out for six, so I can’t speak for the service and general experience of indoor dining there. We placed the order by phone - we could have done it on-line as well, but thought phone was simpler - and we were told it would be ready in 20 minutes. It was - all the meals were packed up waiting for us when we arrived.

The food itself was exactly as I remember it from other Outbacks I’ve visited in the US, The steaks were done right, the fries, the salads, the blooming onion, everything OK.

We know, of course, that there’s nothing Australian about the menu, except the names. Outbacks offer American steaks and other items, and I for one like them.