All reviews typical marriott wet bar with fridge front desk free breakfast in the morning fresh fruit very nice hotel common areas cracker barrel hot breakfast top floor stay there again room was spacious great room pool and hot tub the hotel staff freeway couch
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

My sister and I came to town last minute to attend to ailing father in the hospital. The front desk was AMAZING! I think her name was Sophia...she was on at night. When we arrived each night she asked about our dada but was not invasive. She was very proactive in helping us with laundry, extending our stay and just making us as comfortable as possible under our stressful circumstances. We slept great! The breakfast is great and the hotel is in excellent condition. We were in a third floor room that was lovely. Unfortunately, we had to check out after 2 nights as the rate went up to $179 per night! Crazy for Yuma in July!! Apparently a lot of business travelers stay here while out at the Proving Grounds. Nothing like a move when your father is dying to make your day!! Other than that this place was excellent and I’m not sure the last time I received this level of service and I travel globally a lot. Thanks Springhill Suites!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jackie M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

We are very sorry to hear about your Dad.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I know Sophia will be happy to hear how she made your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

We stayed here twice, back and forth on our trip to San Diego to break up the drive for the kiddos. The hotel is just off I-8 and a short drive or walk to local restaurants. I checked in with the app and my room was waiting for me. Easy as that. The hotel staff for both stays were excellent. They were friendly and accommodating as I needed extra pillows and blankets for the kids. The breakfast was a typical Marriott buffet which we enjoy. The rooms were large, typical SpringHill Suites set-up if you are familiar with the brand. It was a great price compared to San Diego so we stayed at Sea World into the night and then did the 2+ hour drive to Yuma and saved paying a San Diego priced hotel. Woke up to a great breakfast and then did the rest of the trip home. Would do it again the same way on the next trip. Great way to budget on a road trip.

Room tip: stay towards the end of the hall and have easy access to side parking lot
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We enjoyed our recent stay at SpringHill Suites Yuma! Day and evening front desk personnel were great, and fulfilled our requests quickly and with a smile! Our room was clean and in good condition. We did not hear any highway noise. Pool was in the shade in the afternoon, and was quite refreshing. Breakfast choices were plentiful. It was a nice touch to find "healthy" choices, and several varieties of fresh fruit.
Only issue: there are not enough outlets in the bedroom. We had to unplug the phone/clock to plug in a CPAP machine.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Very, very nice hotel. If you don't like this hotel, you are just too picky.
Just a stopover for us from CA to AZ, we got this great room with 2 queen beds, large walk-in closet, separate living area and wet bar with fridge, micro and coffeepot. This is off-season in Yuma so our rate was super for the quality of the room.
Everything looked new and classy. Bed and linens were excellent. Vanity outside the largish tub/toilet room is a handy arrangement. TV had many options including streaming. Wifi signal was good. Very good selection of breakfast options in the well-decorated dining area. Alyna checked us in quickly and pleasantly accommodated our requests. Tired of driving, we walked a half block to Cracker Barrel but there are many, many restaurants and shopping close by.All the staff offer friendly smiles and greeting when you encounter them. The pool and hot tub areas looked good but we did not have time to use them. The room was so nice we almost decided to book an additional night and explore Yuma but the temps outside were 105 degrees. Another time.

Room tip: Back side, upper floor with view over pool out to green fields and mountains.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Carpet was dirty, visible grime, and/or ground in gum...wall paper peeling in the room, BIG chunks of plaster/paint missing in our room, plenty of scuff/dent marks on the walls & doors, fraying carpet.

Breakfast was bland - luke-warm turkey sausage and luke-warm eggs - ick!

Room tip: Just avoid the place.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank kount
Jackie M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

kount-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I would like to get some more information from you in regards to the condition of the room you stayed in. When you have some time I would really like to speak to you. At your convenience if you can contact the hotel at 928-783-7853.
I would appreciate your time.