“Has been better but still Good”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Colton's Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #8 of 59 Restaurants in Batesville
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We always eat here when we go to Batesville for the race. It is always the best Coltons in AR. We went for a late lunch/early dinner (supper) so they were low on staff when we arrived and they couldn't decide who would be our waitress. As more race fans came in to eat before the race, they had more waitresses and figured it out. Our waitress was very nice and refilled our drinks which is a big plus for us. My small steak was well done just right but had too much fat on it for me. The baked potato was ok but a little dry. I appreciate that the waitress brought a bottle of the A-1 sauce instead of the small thimble that all Coltons usually serve. The waitress brought us extra hot tools and honey that are always good. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Greeted at the door to some of the nicest people! Beef tips with onion and peppers, cooked to perfection! Baked potato and salad! Our waiter, Austin was very attentive. He deserved a big fat tip! And he earned one.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

waitress was pleasant and efficient, food was hot and special requests were done properly. We went here for lunch break from Court and told our waitress and she made sure we made it back in time.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We were here with a group of friends and we got here a little later than the group. We ordered but didn't get the respect of paying customers. The food was ok, but not worth the high price we paid.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Our bad experience, is a string of bad experiences at this particular Colton's restaurant.

This trip was prompted by $40 of coupons sent by mail. $10 off $30 coupons, they must be desperate for business. We had completely quit going to this restaurant because the service is always poor. This place is the burger-king of steakhouses. They have a high employee turnover rate to start with.

We asked to be seated on the "porch" and were declined due to lack of a server. The restaurant was empty on a Sunday at 4:15pm, instead We were seated near the bathroom.

We started our order with egg rolls (southwest rolls) and drinks. Our drinks were delivered along with bread. We then placed an order for the Hawaiian Rib-eye and the Bacon Cheeseburger (Cheddar) because Colton's refuses to carry AMERICAN cheese to make a proper cheeseburger.

The egg rolls and my burger arrive. No time to eat the appetizer. My partners Hawaiian Rib-eye arrives about 5 minutes later. My burger is burnt and carbonized, which is a bad taste. My fries were supposed to be steak fries, they were left over culls and crap which were over-cooked. My partners Hawaiian Rib-eye was ordered medium, it was also burnt and carbonized. the carbonized taste overruled the pineapple and meat flavors.

Our waitress came by and my partner told her how bad the food was and she started crying. (poor kid, wasn't her fault). She got her manager, the manager took about 15 minutes to come see us, meanwhile our meal is at a standstill. The manager then offered to replace the order and by that time we were disgusted and ready to go.

She offered to give us 30% off our ticket, which was just insulting. We took it and left. No sense in negotiating the price of a bad meal.

Obviously this restaurant has issues which start at the top and rain down. Instead of trying to negotiate the price of bad service they should have tried to retain the customer with a full or partial discount available on the next visit.

I cannot recommend this restaurant at all.

We left a standard tip for the waitress because she stated it was her second day.

Ticket 20053