“Fantastic food in a quiet oasis”
Review of Il Giardino

Il Giardino
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Loved this place, we had three great vegetarian lunches - a great vegetarian burger, a bruschetta and a hummus sandwich. Great presentation, taste and service. The garden location is lovely and we had a long chat with the owner who is originally from Southport in England. Looking to return soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

The courtyard at Il Giardino is so cozy -- it has plenty of nooks and spots where you can feel you have a bit of privacy among all your fellow diners. The staff is friendly and attentive and the vibe is relaxed.

The fresh juices and generous portions at breakfast were great. The egg dishes are nicely prepared & presented and there are many to choose from. They have a budget breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs with a side of sautéed chard and sliced tomatoes which I found to be a filling and nicely priced option. Dinner is also good -- I tried the lasagna and could only finish half of it bc the portion was so generous!

I would definitely recommend Il Giardino!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Recommend this restaurant for a thoroughly enjoyable meal. It's ethos embodies the area. Healthy food in a tranquil environment.

We shared a platter of cheese, condiments, homemade bread and vegetables. Followed by a tuna steak with potatoes and roasted vegetables. Both of which were spot on.

It was a really nice and filling meal. Great flavours, a comfortable dining area and good service.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

I was taking a class in San Marcos, when I discovered this quaint little restaurant. Staff is friendly and the food tasty. I especially enjoyed the tapas plate with babaganoush, and two types of hummus. I haven been back many times. However, I was not impressed with the owner, who seems to have an anger problem.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Large portions of healthy organic food. My boyfriend and I spent a lazy afternoon eating and playing chess in the beautiful garden... The restaurant has board games to use.