“One of the most beautiful hotel rooms ever.”

Lush Atitlan/Hotel Aaculaax
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I stayed here for just one night when I wanted something a little more luxury in San Marcos. The beds were amazing, the room was gorgeous, the bathroom was really cool. I would recommend everyone stay for at least a night. It is not expensive either compared to the other nicer places to stay in San Marcos, it is actually pretty cheap. I paid 175Q for one night and for the quality it was so worth it. I also got internet in my room! Some of the other places are more pricey and not as beautiful or comfortable. Also you dont hear all the dogs and chickens at night as much here.. so nice!
My only con is dont pay the 50Q for breakfast, go into town. It was not worth it for what you got.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 April 2013

My girlfriend and I lived in San Marcos for almost 3 months and whenever we had a day off from work, even though we had a free room at another hostel, we would stay at Aaculaax for a vacation from vacation. The detail of design, views from the garden terrace, and sheet softness/ water pressure were incredible.

Room Tip: There are expensive rooms with gorgeous lake views that you can reserve and lovely "economy&quo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My husband and I spent two weeks in the lovely Hotel Aaculaax. We selected a room with a kitchen which allowed us to save money by not eating out all the time. Gardens at the property are fabulous and we spent many hours just hanging out on our second floor balcony relaxing and watching birds. The owners and the staff are all very friendly and helpful, any issues were dealt with immediately.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My husband and I spent two nights here on our 20th anniversary trip to Guatemala. We stayed in Pescado which is a lovely room with stunning views of the lake--that also has its own rooftop kitchen/living room complete with fireplace and window boxes. We loved sipping wine and watching the fireflies come out in the evening--as well as enjoying coffee and the sunrise. Can't wait to return! (And two weeks after semana santa, there was plenty of a lovely breakfast to go around without any waiting...)

Room Tip: Pescado is highly recommended!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My son and I recently travelled through Belize, Guatemala, and Mexico for 6 weeks. When we arrived in San Marcos La Laguna we were intending to stay only one night. I decided to 'treat' ourselves to Hotel Aaculaax for our stay since I had heard it was a little more expensive than other hotels in the town.
Well - I was blown away by the sheer beauty of the hotel. It is outstanding - a work of art. AND very reasonably priced. We stayed in a room that used a communal washroom (which was a experience - I don't think I have been in such and organic and beautiful washroom as this one). For the two of us we were charged Q120 (around $18USA).
Though we did not participate in their breakfast (you have to reserve your attendance in advance) I did see what they offered to the guests. Again - beautifully presented with lots of flowers and fruit.
We stayed an extra night and would have gladly have stayed in the relaxing atmosphere of San Marcos and Aaculaax longer if we didn't have a 'schedule'.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Marcos La Laguna
5.0 km away
La Casa del Mundo Hotel
La Casa del Mundo Hotel
#1 of 1 in Jaibalito
7.1 km away
Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve
Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature...
#3 of 5 in Santa Cruz La Laguna
11.2 km away
Hotel Regis Panajachel
Hotel Regis Panajachel
#5 of 29 in Panajachel

Been to Lush Atitlan/Hotel Aaculaax? Share your experiences!