“Magnificent Hiking Tour of "Summer Dew" through Experience Nature”

Experience Nature Outdoor Activities
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Gytheio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Earlier this week we took a hike along a spectacular trail off the slopes of Mount Taygetos with "Experience Nature."

It was a great way to escape the extreme heatwave and take refuge into a cool and inviting forest which is unspoiled and unbelievably majestic. We felt as though we were the first to see this magnificent path. The natural terrain and waterfalls which form natural pools seem untouched and beckon you to stay in this hidden paradise.

Our kids aged 15,14,13, and 9 all thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a perfect blend of challenging and relaxing. The highlight of the trip was exploring the spring and falls where naturally sculpted rocks lend an outstretched hand to even the most doubtful of revelers. One pool spills into the next as you progress up the various stages that welcome you to yet another refreshing room.

Our guide Ervin was very hospitable and kind. Not only was he extremely knowledgeable about the terrain, he also pointed out sites outside of the organized tour. I look forward to my next trip back to Lakonia so that we can experience the next level of hiking as well as rock climbing!

Suggestion:
For those not used to the challenges of lightly traversed trails, I would recommend long pants and sleeved shirts since the undisturbed wild thorny brush can be unpredictable at times.

Date of experience: July 2017
Experience N, Ιδιοκτήτης at Experience Nature Outdoor Activities, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thank you very much Stacey for your review, we all enjoyed the tour and we 'll expect you next year!!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"guide"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 21 October 2016

We have only climbed indoors and were very excited to try outdoor climbing. We could have not been more excited. It was amazing. The views were fantastic and our guide was great. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. We can't wait to come back again!!

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Matthew T
Reviewed 19 July 2016

This was a trip to the summit of Mount Taygetos taking the route from the south (Agios Dimitrios in Vasiliki forest- Mousia- Spanakaki Ridge- Mount Taygetos). The views on the trip were absolutely wonderful including a view of the three "fingers" of the Peloponnesos until cape Maleas and Kythira. Also the route through the Vasiliki forest with the black pine trees and the alpine meadows was very beautiful. For me, as a non experienced hiker, the route was at times somewhat challenging because of the rough terrain (the route from Taygetos refuge seems to be easier) but I was guided very well by Ervin. Thanks for a beautiful day!

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank jeroen19662016
Reviewed 17 July 2016

I visited with a friend the rock climbing area of Lagada, a beautiful, breathtaking scenery very near to the famous Mystras in the mid of July 2016. It was my second time of rock climbing and quite successful thanks to Ervin's guidance. From the very first moment he made me feel relaxed, pushing away my fears. "We are here to indulge-no stress" he said and that put me at ease. His inner peacefulness is his key for our successful attempts to climb the rock. He showed me first all the movements, explained thorougly the whole procedure and guided me during my climbing attempts. Although a bit wet behind the ears and feeling ready to quit when in difficulty, his directions and support were so encouraging that made me continue and finally approach the finish target-one of the happiest moments of my life! All in all, it was an adventure worth never forgetting basically thanks to Ervin's teaching powers, skills and patience. Unarguably, one of the best teachers ever. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: July 2016