“Fun experience!”

Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Gytheio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The outdoor climbing was a great experience. It was fun and challenging :)
Ervin the guide was nice and patient.
I recommend

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We were staying in Gythio and at the last moment tried to find someone to guide us for a mountain walk. We contacted Ervin by phone , we had not booked anything but he met us in Gythio and we chatted about where to go. We arranged a day and we had a fantastic morning, it was just my husband and me. My husband is an entomologist and Ervin was happy to wait whilst various insects were photographed! We had an amazing walk, wonderful views , a drink and snack provided half way , it was perfect. Ervin's prices are fair and good value. We recommend Ervins Experience Nature 100% .

Reviewed 25 August 2017

My husband and I went hiking with Ervin end of June exploring the ruins of the old castle of Kelefa high above the sea and close to Limeni. Ervin's guidance and knowledge is excellent, we thoroughly enjoyed the walk. Then we continued to the old village of Kelefa and later on (and with many interesting explications from Ervin along the hike) to the monastery of Spiliotissis. Breathtaking sights and a beautiful location here. We won't forget this really rewarding excursion. All the best Ervin to you, your wife Tina and the family!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We hiked the Taygetos mountain with Erwin on Monday 31/7/2017. The experience was indescribable and all thanks to our amazing guide. He was very helpful, calm and understanding especially when my fitness slowed us down and I was demanding stops every 15'-30' minutes. Not only he helped me but he supported me with words of encouragement to make me reach the top.
He gave me tips on how to breathe, where and how to step and gave me a hiking stick to support my effort.
Finally we made it to the top where he had a little surprise for us; homemade spinach pie with all local products. The best reward after a long way up.
My boyfriend and I were so pleased with Erwin that we had booked a second hike couple of days later but we couldn't make it as I managed to sprained my ankle.
Overall, Erwin is highly recommended and it's guaranteed you'll feel very happy selecting one of the suggest tours, hikes or climbing

Experience N, Ιδιοκτήτης at Experience Nature Outdoor Activities, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you very much Alexandra for your nice words and maybe next year we 'll hike again!!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Again a great hike with Ervin, now through (the middle part) of Rindomo gorge, a hidden jewel off the beaten track in the Taygetos region. The hike is moderately difficult but was good to do for me with some help from Ervin when climbing over large boulders. Be sure to wear good walking shoes with profile. Most of the track is easy however. Ervin is very good company with a lot of experience in the region.
The gorge itself has magnificent geological features and is also interesting from a cultural point of view as you can see old tracks and a bridge used for travelling between the small villages of the region. We finished the hike with a wonderful view over the gorge from a small monastery near Voreio (Gaitses), near our starting point

Experience N, Ιδιοκτήτης at Experience Nature Outdoor Activities, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you very much Jeroen for your review, there will be always my pleasure to hike with you.