Review Highlights
Great climbing trip with Erwin

My two teenage boys and myself went climbing with Erwin at Lagada in the mountains above Sparta... read more

Reviewed 22 June 2018
ToddW890
Palo Alto, CA
via mobile
Climbing in Limeni

We had a great first climbing experience with Ervin in Limeni! We had not been climbing before but... read more

Reviewed 13 June 2018
Daniel L
via mobile

All reviews rock climbing mount hike refuge bridge hiking forest guide
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We were staying in Gythio and at the last moment tried to find someone to guide us for a mountain walk. We contacted Ervin by phone , we had not booked anything but he met us in Gythio and we chatted about where to go. We arranged a day and we had a fantastic morning, it was just my husband and me. My husband is an entomologist and Ervin was happy to wait whilst various insects were photographed! We had an amazing walk, wonderful views , a drink and snack provided half way , it was perfect. Ervin's prices are fair and good value. We recommend Ervins Experience Nature 100% .

Reviewed 25 August 2017

My husband and I went hiking with Ervin end of June exploring the ruins of the old castle of Kelefa high above the sea and close to Limeni. Ervin's guidance and knowledge is excellent, we thoroughly enjoyed the walk. Then we continued to the old village of Kelefa and later on (and with many interesting explications from Ervin along the hike) to the monastery of Spiliotissis. Breathtaking sights and a beautiful location here. We won't forget this really rewarding excursion. All the best Ervin to you, your wife Tina and the family!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We hiked the Taygetos mountain with Erwin on Monday 31/7/2017. The experience was indescribable and all thanks to our amazing guide. He was very helpful, calm and understanding especially when my fitness slowed us down and I was demanding stops every 15'-30' minutes. Not only he helped me but he supported me with words of encouragement to make me reach the top.
He gave me tips on how to breathe, where and how to step and gave me a hiking stick to support my effort.
Finally we made it to the top where he had a little surprise for us; homemade spinach pie with all local products. The best reward after a long way up.
My boyfriend and I were so pleased with Erwin that we had booked a second hike couple of days later but we couldn't make it as I managed to sprained my ankle.
Overall, Erwin is highly recommended and it's guaranteed you'll feel very happy selecting one of the suggest tours, hikes or climbing

Experience N, Ιδιοκτήτης at Experience Nature Outdoor Activities, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you very much Alexandra for your nice words and maybe next year we 'll hike again!!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Again a great hike with Ervin, now through (the middle part) of Rindomo gorge, a hidden jewel off the beaten track in the Taygetos region. The hike is moderately difficult but was good to do for me with some help from Ervin when climbing over large boulders. Be sure to wear good walking shoes with profile. Most of the track is easy however. Ervin is very good company with a lot of experience in the region.
The gorge itself has magnificent geological features and is also interesting from a cultural point of view as you can see old tracks and a bridge used for travelling between the small villages of the region. We finished the hike with a wonderful view over the gorge from a small monastery near Voreio (Gaitses), near our starting point

1  Thank jeroen19662016
Experience N, Ιδιοκτήτης at Experience Nature Outdoor Activities, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you very much Jeroen for your review, there will be always my pleasure to hike with you.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Earlier this week we took a hike along a spectacular trail off the slopes of Mount Taygetos with "Experience Nature."

It was a great way to escape the extreme heatwave and take refuge into a cool and inviting forest which is unspoiled and unbelievably majestic. We felt as though we were the first to see this magnificent path. The natural terrain and waterfalls which form natural pools seem untouched and beckon you to stay in this hidden paradise.

Our kids aged 15,14,13, and 9 all thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a perfect blend of challenging and relaxing. The highlight of the trip was exploring the spring and falls where naturally sculpted rocks lend an outstretched hand to even the most doubtful of revelers. One pool spills into the next as you progress up the various stages that welcome you to yet another refreshing room.

Our guide Ervin was very hospitable and kind. Not only was he extremely knowledgeable about the terrain, he also pointed out sites outside of the organized tour. I look forward to my next trip back to Lakonia so that we can experience the next level of hiking as well as rock climbing!

Suggestion:
For those not used to the challenges of lightly traversed trails, I would recommend long pants and sleeved shirts since the undisturbed wild thorny brush can be unpredictable at times.

Experience N, Ιδιοκτήτης at Experience Nature Outdoor Activities, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Thank you very much Stacey for your review, we all enjoyed the tour and we 'll expect you next year!!