Fosshotel Nupar(Kirkjubaejarklaustur)
US$341
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Geirland(Kirkjubaejarklaustur)(Great Value!)
US$245
Icelandair Hotel Klaustur(Kirkjubaejarklaustur)(Great Value!)
US$270
Magma Hotel(Kirkjubaejarklaustur)
TripAdvisor
Klausturhof(Kirkjubaejarklaustur)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot platethese cabinsreception buildingcoffee makerboard gamesmini fridgecold nightdining tablemountain backdropshort staycold cutsworked finekitchen facilitiesfantastic locationjokulsarlon glacier lagoonaurora borealisprivate bathroom
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We did not experience the problems of cleanliness. The hotplate wasn't too clean but all else ok. It's a good deal by Icelandic crazy standards. However from what I could tell from other reviews WIFI never works. At least same problem reported consistently march 2018 now June and in many other reviews.

The mattresses are thin but on platform beds support is firm.breakfast buffet was not appealing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was a beautiful little cabin which had a kitchen, 3 bedrooms, and attic bedroom! The shower was hot and comfortable! It was quiet inside and outside. The outside was a beautiful green mountain that would meet you and it was paradise! I recommend these cabins!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked a "3 bedroom vacation cottage". I attempted to contact Horgsland prior to our arrival and was told they have no computer so calling Iceland is the only option. Only after 15:00 Iceland time does someone answer that speaks English. They had made up one bed in one bedroom since there were 2 people on our reservation. We were 2 friends traveling together so I asked if we could use one of the other bedrooms. The clerk looked through a pile of wrinkled sheets and handed me one. Floors in the cabin were not all that clean and the place is super basic. There is a steep stairway going up to the loft bedroom that has very low ceilings.

That night we decided to use the hot tub. There are 2 and one had no water. The other was just plain gross! Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Don't think for a minute you will get internet even though you will be given a password.

My friend went over in the morning to get a cup of coffee and they charged her $.35 on her credit card.
The only reason to stay here is the location if you are on your way to the glacial lagoon since it is right on the ring road. I would recommend staying in Klauster which is only 10 minutes away.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Our advice is DO NOT STAY HERE. Read all reviews and take seriously the reviews that say cabins are poorly looked after, dangerous and customer service is very bad.

Cabins look okay from photos but on closer inspection they are cheap and our cabin was extremely dangerous! Our cooker hob was faulty and no one told us. 2 of the 4 dials were broken and these hobs were constantly on which caused one of us to burn ourselves. This could only be solved by turning off the fuse. It was lucky we found out because if we hadn't then it could have been even more dangerous since we were staying in a timber cabin!!

We also had problems with a leaking tap, a kettle which had a base from another kettle (dangerous to use) and a table where part of it fell off whilst using it.

After our trip we sent emails to the owners to get a response to the poor and dangerous experience however we have had no response at all. We get the impression that complaints are not taken seriously at all.

Do not risk this place, it could ruin your holiday.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Well this is probably not the worst place I've stayed in my travels, it was so far from the best, it's not even funny. The Interiors reminded me of an old fishing camp or summer camp. The mattresses on the bed are really just glorified foam pillows. All of the linens are extremely worn and just feel kind of icky. It was not very clean, and it smelled musty. The TV didn't work, which isn't a huge deal but is still a little annoying. Also, the curtains were very light in colour, which was not awesome for June when it is bright all the time. We had sleep masks, but this is something you may want to be aware of, as both of the other places we stayed in Iceland did have blackout curtains. I was surprised to find that they charged for use of the hot tub. This was not the case in other places where we stayed in Iceland. There was a sign in the cabin that said breakfast until 10, but when we showed up at 9:30, we were told that breakfast ended at 9:30. Again, it's not a big deal if breakfast ends at 9:30, but it kind of sucks when the room says 10 o'clock and we thought we had plenty of time., especially because there are not a lot of reasonably priced options for breakfast in that area. I will say that there was plenty of room in each cabin. Ours had two sets of bunk beds and then two single beds in the loft, so if your standards for comfort and cleanliness are not super high and you have a larger group, this may be for you. My girlfriend wanted to give this review a one star, as she is unable to let go of the issue with breakfast, but I just couldn't do it. I would describe this place is really, really not great comma but definitely doable if you don't have any other options. There are nicer options in the area for the same or better price.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family