Fosshotel Hekla(Selfoss)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$214
Arctic Nature Hotel(Selfoss)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$246
US$180
Hotel Borealis(Selfoss)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$100
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

Annalyn Guesthouse(Selfoss)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$84
Selfoss Apartments(Selfoss)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$117
Hotels.com
Guesthouse Bitra B&B(Selfoss)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$103
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

Vatnsholt(Selfoss)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$109
Travelocity
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

Alftrod(Selfoss)
US$92
US$565
US$466
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 April 2015

We walked into the guesthouse at 10pm and discovered our booking had been trumped by a larger party. The owner did not contact us - we contacted him to discover this information. The larger party had a late reservation but, with more people, obviously they provided the owner with better earnings so he tossed us out in the cold - literally. We were three women left without a place to stay late at night in rural Iceland. There are so many wonderful hotels and guesthouses to stay at in Iceland where the owners are kind and accommodating. So why take a chance on this place?

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank EllaFitz7
Reviewed 6 April 2015

We intended to stay at this guesthouse for one night. We had a booking through an online agent and it was confirmed. We arrived at the guesthouse on the evening of our booking to discover that our booking had been cancelled and instead the guesthouse had elected to take a booking from a larger party. We spent 30 minutes wandering around the property trying to locate a reception, owner or anyone to answer our queries. We found no one. We then attempted to phone the guesthouse and were twice disconnected. When we finally managed to get in touch with the owner we were informed that the booking had been cancelled and he had tried to 'contact us all day', we were then disconnected and tried calling three more times to no avail. We had no missed calls and received no emails informing us of this and doubt the sincerity of the owners claim he had been contacting us all day. By this stage it was 9.30, we were in rural Iceland and it was raining with nowhere to stay. We returned to the Geysir Hotel where there was free wifi and tried to address the situation. This was challenging as much of the accommodation is guesthouses tucked away and therefore do not have 24hour reception. We ended up finding accommodation at 11 and paid more than we wanted to. I would not recommend this guesthouse as apparently a booking means nothing.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Cellio12
Reviewed 8 December 2014

We arrived around just as it grew very dark, and it was a bit tricky to find (look for the small sign), and were greeted by the host, Valur, as we pulled in. He checked us in and gave us a quick tour of the grounds: the pool and shower, the common area, and directed us to our quaint wooden room. I'd clarify with cozy, very, very cozy, clean and comfy room.

I say "Stay with a Viking" because its (a) a true guesthouse in a geothermically-magical section of countryside in Iceland, (b) I think Valur would definitely laugh, and appreciate that, and lastly because (c) it just might be true.

Valur and I made very good conversation during our short stay. Not to get to deep or poetic here, but I felt a small connection between us, as his experiences along with his spiritual and cultural beliefs and general outlook are akin to my own in many ways, and our brief conversations were somehow cleansing, nourishing, and thought provoking. And I appreciated that. I'm glad to read that other visitors have also had similar experiences, and I would strongly urge any future visitors to encourage some small talk with him, meet his lovely family (his awesome dog Guntlar included), however it may come about. Always remember, contrary to a hotel or any "staffed" accommodation, by very definition, in all bed and breakfast/homestay operations, the host is a strong factor to determine your experience, and I would not undermine this one.

Near-by restaurant, Efsti-Dalur II. This place deserves some attention here for several reasons. Even though we had some, shall we say issues, while there, I'd definitely still recommend dinner and drinks there before a nice swim in your (practically private) natural, privately-sourced geothermic pool (when we were there, we had it to ourselves). The restaurant in theory was amazing, and an experience. First off, its a farm. I'm sure you have heard of farm-to-table, but few of us have ever experienced restaurant-inside-of-farm-where-you-can-stare-at-your-living-meal-while-you-eat-it (see photo). I got the beef, and the veal. And I am not sure how I feel about that. However, the negatives were that the food was, meh, and the service was awful, if not non-existent. I don't think that was the case for everybody though, as they seemed to be better served, and we are very easy-going, fun, and chill cucumbers who are tough to get to want to complain. That all said, we still definitely enjoyed the environment and ambiance enough, along with the idea and unique local culinary experience, and would recommend it.

I can't imagine many other times in my life where I would rate a B+B 5* where we had a tough time finding it at night, shared a bathroom, and stayed a tiny room without wifi or a t.v., but this is one of those times. I will be returning, someday when the wind blows us back there.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wanderlust1342
Reviewed 18 September 2014

Staff is extremely friendly, we spent hours speaking about cultural differences. Great place to stay. Sauna, pool, TV saloon, nice breakfast. It is near Geysir and other attractions. Great place to rest.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends