“Very good food, even from the buffet”

Grimsborgir Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 35 Restaurants in Selfoss
Price range: US$15 - US$37
Cuisines: Scandinavian, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Grimsborgir Restaurant is situated directly at the famous Golden Circle tourist route in South Iceland. On our à la carte menu our guests will find traditional Icelandic dishes and international gourmet food, everything is freshly prepared from local products. Open every day from 8 am - 10 pm!
Reviewed 6 June 2016

We stayed at the hotel for a few nights and ate dinner at the restaurant once. It was a buffet dinner, and it was very nice. Some of the dishes were not to my taste, but they were made well. I went back for seconds of the dishes I liked. #getfoodinvolved

Reviewed 3 June 2016

This was the saving grace to our stay at the Grimsborgir. Not that our stay was bad necessarily, but this is what I expect a luxury hotel's food to be like. Flavorful, fresh and thoughtful. I was especially pleased with their baked salmon. Even if you aren't staying here, go here for dinner!

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this wonderful and unique hotel in the southern region of Iceland and it gets better every single time. The food is outstanding and the service impeccable. As I mentioned in a previous review, people here go out of their way to make you feel at home. The chef is pure magic. The driver we had today who's name is Yon is a wonderful gentleman who knows many incredible things about the region and tourist spots. The rooms have been updated and have a clear and comfortable feel to them. I'm not sure I mentioned this before but at this hotel there is a supreme suite / apartment home (#15) which I entourage everyone to stay at at least a few times a year or more. Remodeling has been a complete success. Everything about this peaceful heavenly place to stay away from wherever you are actually from is genuine and exquisite.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

We had dinner here as we were staying at the hotel. The food is beyond awful. The lobster soup tasted like the chef spilled salt in it. The beef tenderloin was very tough and chewy. We ordered rare and medium rare and what came was probably more on the very well done side. Everything was beyond awful. Would not recommend even if you are hungry.

1  Thank Outdoorsituation
Reviewed 21 March 2016

We had both dinner and breakfast there. The dinner atmosphere was a real fine dining with candle light and live piano music. Food was excellent especially the fish and local dishes as well as the service which was under close supervision of the owner. The buffet breakfast was full of quality food along with the champagne. Mountain view was spectacular on both sides of the restaurant.

1  Thank TomSom1962