Shearwater Hotel
US$72
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$95
Travelocity
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$67
Agoda.com
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$139
The Prince of Wales Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
US$118
  • Restaurant
US$162
US$331
Official Site
All reviewsfamily suiteleisure centrelovely hotelbar foodkids clubsteam roomboth nightsfamily breakunderground parkingtop classnight breakfood was lovelyfollowing morningboth morningslast weekendwould highly recommend this hotelsitting room
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I would recommend you upgrade your room if you have two kids with you. We had like a 1 bed flat (minus a kitchen) with a little balcony which was really nice because the air con was ridiculous. I can't understand with all the comments on here why they haven't replaced it. Some guy came round to change the filters when I was there and it made no difference.
It was the only thing that let it down to be honest. Oh and I called reception about a mini fridge and I was told she would check and never heard from her again. I shouldn't have to chase a request.
The breakfast was fantastic. Great selection of fruit and the hot food was fantastic. The bar food was also excellent. The leisure centre needs some TLC. Ladders broken. Grate on the channel broken. Showers looked rundown and lockers are a mess. It's the week point of the hotel. I know they are a loss leader but the pool bit was bad for the rating of this hotel.
Strong point is the staff. (Apart from the receptionist who can't return a call). They were all friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Shearwater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Mrs king,

many thanks for the review. The family suites are as you say ideal for small familys as the extra room is a blessing.

Our Air conditioning upgrading is continuing with the much awaited new Chiller now in place. We are continuing to upgrade all our rooms filters to ensure they are all getting the full benefit of this new investment.
A four star review and thank you for taking the time to let people know about our stay.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night. From the outside it looks nice, lobby is impressive. Booked a double room, rooms are small and old fashioned,big crack on bathroom floor with sharp edges, Windows were filthy on outside. Asked for robes when booking online to use in pool/spa they were not supplied.Breakfast was nice but overall not impressive. Wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Roxi217
Michael H, General Manager at Shearwater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Roxi217,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am naturally disappointed with its content and the star rating. We will look at the issues you raised and use them to improve the hotel as a whole. Not our best day at the office i would have to admit.

Kind regards and apologies for falling short this time.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with my family in July. We stayed in a 2 bed family suite but they use the spare room as another guest room and unfortunately my husband walked in on a couple as the door was unlocked.As there was 5 of us there I was surprised that 2 of us had to sleep in put youup beds in the sitting room while the 2nd bedroom was given away..More money I suppose but they promptly locked it .I wouldn't have stayed 2 nights sleeping in a fold up bed with no TV for a 2nd night.All in all though it's a nice hotel with delicious food and good service especially the lovely barmen who were friendly and helpful.The pool got a thumbs up from us also.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank agnesrussel

Dear agnesrussel,

Thank you for the review. My apologies for the unfortunate incident with the connecting door. A human error it would seem upon checking with the team.
I really appreciate the glowing sentiment given that the stay did not get off to the best start.

Hope to be seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Although we hoped to get a hotel in Galway on our tour we were more than satisfied with the Shearwater in Ballinasloe. The hotel is clean and big, offers also a spa, restaurant etc.
Only a view steps away from the old part of Ballinasloe. Great place for car tours in the west of Ireland.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Snowy061,

Thank you for the kind review. A solid 5 star recommendation for which we are very grateful.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Were went for a 2 night Easter break in this hotel and had a wonderful time. we have stayed in this hotel on a few occasions and loved it

We got a 1 bedroom suite and it offered great space for our family as there is 6 of us. The room was very clean and well serviced during our stay.

The staff in this hotel our extremely friendly and professional from reception to bar staff and from staff walking by you all offer you a greeting which is very refreshing.

Our two girls went to the kids club during our stay and loved it, in the evening they give them their dinner and do games etc. The negative I have as it was Easter there was only a small window of 2 weeks to go to the hotel so the kids club was extremely busy and the room where the kids were, was far to small for the numbers that were in attendance there is a larger room that they use during the summer but the room was probably booked out with meetings and they want to keep the children away which is understandable.

My next negative about the hotel well more constructive criticism was the wifi and the reception from it, during the morning time it worked perfect but in the evening with the volume of people in the hotel it kept dropping or wouldn't connect at all, I have stayed in hotels before that our larger and have more floors so I know that this issue can be easily rectified especially the type they are using!

Love this hotel and can't wait for a return visit.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Dear LaCanadaDublin,

what a fantastic review. Thank you so much. we are delighted and wait until you see our new kids club play area.

hope to see you all again soon.