“Tasty Food”
Review of Room 8

Room 8
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Navan
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Description: Room 8 is an elegant cafe serving a delicious selection of gourmet sandwiches, salads, desserts and daily specials.We serve the finest Java Republic coffee and tea.We also offer an evening menu on Friday and Saturdsay's from 6pm with something to suit all taste buds.All our food is lovingly prepared by our head chef/owner Aidan Cosgrave.
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Fabulous food, I have had lunch and dinner here and highly recommend. It is small but its very cosy and staff are very accomodating to help get everyone seated comfortablly. overall would highly recommend a visit here

4  Thank 192Ange

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

It was our first visit to Room 8 having been recommended it by some family members. We arrived with a buggy not realising how small the inside actually was however we were made feel very welcome and were accommodated by a very kind lady who re arranged some tables to make way for the buggy. We ordered 2 lunch time specials Cajun chicken crustini's and 2 soups 1 Moroccan tomato and one Thai sweet potato and coconut. The food was delicious all of it the sandwich was to die for the soup was so tasty ,my only complaint is there wasn't more I'll definitely be back to this place without a buggy next time.

4  Thank Chris K
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast and lunch, yet to try dinner! Lots of choice, great flavours, service sometimes a tad slow but worth the wait!

2  Thank sarah_a_1691
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

I have just turned vegan from vegetarian, and my 5 friends are all meat & fish eaters - and they were not disappointed either. Quite the opposite. The challenge for me as a new vegan when dining out, is I don't want to be a burden on a chef and the waiting staff. I mentioned when booking one of us was a vegan, which they advised was no problem, and told me they would call me that day to verify meal. True to their word, they called to check if I had any allergies. Upon sitting, I was incredibly surprised (and delighted!) to have the lovely waitress come to the table discreetly to show me a handwritten vegan menu with choice of 2 starters, 2 main course, and 2 vegan desserts! I opted for the mushroom starter cooked with beautiful flavours and a homemade sourdough bread - so so tasty, and lovely and light as a starter.
Next I opted for the Thai red curry with chickpeas, courgette and other veg, with mixed colour rice. It was simply beautiful - no tinned chickpeas here (if they were, I need to find out what brand, as I soak my own at home).
Finally the dessert was either a mango sorbet or a chocolate avocado mousse. It was Outstanding! A large portion so although I only ate half of it, it wasn't for lack of desire for it.

I was so impressed with the chef and waiting staff's special effort to accommodate me, so THANK YOU Room 8 team - outstanding meal, decor, ambiance.

I've already booked my next meal for December. Highly recommend. My omnivore friends were equally delighted with their fare - go here soon!

5  Thank Denise P
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Had dinner here last Sat night, there were 6 of us and from start to finish it was just fabulous. The Waiter was excellent and knew his stuff, the food is another matter. Just every last detail was exceptional, we ate a variety of fish, meats and Vegan dishes and cannot recommend here enough, well done to all involved, we'll be back.

2  Thank Happygal757