eDreams
Priceline
FindHotel
Agoda.com
StayForLong
All reviews friday night golf trip lovely hotel stayed nights golf society steak enjoyable stay golf course bar louise receptionist function monaghan
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2020

Breakfast was fabulous great selection and choice. Service was outstanding. Very friendly staff. Our double room was very spacious with a large bathroom. Live music in the bar on both nights was very good.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank annaCo_kerry
Reviewed 21 February 2020

Went one night for a birthday treat and wanted a hotel with pool, steam room etc
The rooms were nice though ours didn't have a bath.It had Tv, kettle, water and quick room service.
The heating was nice and warm.
Good parking at the hotel.
The pool was fine though a bit cold and felt a bit dated. It feels more like a public pool than a hotel one.
Went for a meal at the hotel and the food was nice but we waited ages on getting a drink and the food to be served. About 20 mins for a drink and at least another 20 getting food. The waiter did say it was extremely busy for a Monday night.

The breakfast was excellent, loads of choice, warm and tasty.

The main downside of the hotel was the reception staff. I arrived at the hotel early on and asked when I could check in. When the quite rude woman decided to speak to me as she answered the phone as I stood at her desk she said it would be 3:30 to 4:00 pm before I could check in. I was shocked by this as reading reviews it had said 3:00pm check in. We decided to have a drink in the bar to kill some time and then said we would go to the town to kill the time till 4:00pm. As we were leaving the hotel at 2:30pm i went to use the toilet and as I walked passed reception I noticed a family checking with a new staff member on the desk. I went over to her to ask could I check in and she did with no problems and was very polite and helpful. Just cant understand why the first woman couldn't do this. The lady who checked us out was also very sharp and rude to be honest. I work with the public myself and believe a hotel should be one of the top businesses for customer service.

I would stay again as I thought it was good value for money but would like to see some of the staffs manor improve.

Date of stay: February 2020
4  Thank Masterraj9999
Reviewed 27 January 2020

Stayed overnight with 2 kids & granny. Spacious, clean interconnecting rooms. The beds are overdue replacement and the decor is a bit dated, but for one night, it was all fine.

The staff were all lovely - very friendly & welcoming.

Bar food and breakfast were all excellent. Service was prompt and friendly. Huge portions! Pancakes a big hit with the kids.

The pool was good for a quick swim - pretty basic, and changing rooms were ok - powerful hairdryers

The only downside was the location of our rooms - right over the ballroom and front of hotel. So the noise of the band was thumping through the floor until about 12.30am, then followed by lots of commotion while the party continued outside the front of hotel and finally, noisy guests retiring at 2.30am. Very poor choice of rooms for young kids - I’m sure somewhere at the back would be better. The receptionist was very apologetic when mentioned on checkout.

Overall very pleasant hotel (aside from noise factor). Good food and lovely staff

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank caitrionaf821
Reviewed 19 January 2020

Stayed here last night and from Start to Finish we both had an amazing stay.
Reception Staff Friendly & Welcoming, as Was Parauc and his team.
Food was Excellent Chef's definitely know there jobs, hat's off to them!
Sat in the bar for Dinner and from entering to leaving Parauc looked after us 100 per cent, he's an excellent worker and a Credit to the Hotel, from his Mannerism to his attending to Costumers and Hotel Guests he's First Class, a big Gentleman.
A Group called Vertigo were playing in the Bar and those boys had the place buzzing, they covered all age groups & kept everyone entertained from the first to the last song they'd played.
Breakfast this Morning was first Class also, spoilt for choice, staff friendly and very attentive.
Thanks also to Damien the Hotels Manager you run a great Establishment so much that we look forward to returning in April!!!
Had a Fantastic nights sleep in a large spotless comfy bed, and the bedroom was immaculately presented spotless also attention to detail great little touches, Lily o Brians individual small box's of chocolates, bottled water, tea, coffee, room faultless!!!
Roll on April.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Caroline D
Reviewed 8 January 2020

Visited The Glencarn Hotel Recently whilst passing through with my hubby and family for a Sunday Carvery Lunch. The choice and the display of food was great for all and the food was fabulous. We all cleaned our plates. The best sunday carvery we have had in co. monaghan in a long time. We will definitely be back soon.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank A9343SJmarym
Glencarn C, Manager at The Glencarn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Thank you for your great review, we are delighted that you enjoyed the carvery and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our kitchen Team. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon. Kind regards Management