“Always a delight”
Review of Eileen's Tea Rooms

Eileen's Tea Rooms
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I read a recent review of this which claimed it was covered in "grime" and"staff were eating the food".
So on this visit I was curious to see if things had become so dire.
I'm thrilled to say that in my opinion Eileens Tea Rooms are as excellent as always. The staff are friendly and attentive without being in your personal space. The food is fresh, home cooked and plentiful.
The ambience is relaxed and comfortable.
For me ...this tea room is a treasure.
Well done Eileen...may your catering hands never fail!
PS..i often check the bathroom if hygiene is doubtful in an establishment...the bathroom here is spotless.

1  Thank Gay B

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Visited this establishment recently with a friend and was thoroughly disappointed. Firstly, the cleanliness of the restaurant is sub par. All you have to do is look at the ceiling which is stained yellow (the smoke detector is also appalling and I question if it actually is tested or works). The floors were dirty and unswept and grime covered the till and other parts of the interior. This really makes me question if the people running this place have any understanding of basic restaurant sanitation. Secondly, the food wasn't too bad, although I've never seen or heard of a caesar salad with tomatoes (which is what my friend ordered). Certainly have experienced much better but the staff must have thought it was ok....after all, they KEPT picking at the food behind the counter (and so blatantly obvious at the same time)!!! Practices like this would make any restaurant be closed down within a matter of weeks and I am shocked that this "tea room" has managed to stay open this long. Staff were ok, not rude but not overly friendly at the same time. Based on all this I definitely don't think value for money is there. I do hope that this establishment takes note of these points and improves drastically. I certainly won't be returning and I don't think you should either until improvements are made.

6  Thank pragmaticfire06
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Kids always love going to eileens for her famous pancakes. This time was no different. It never disappoints .

1  Thank dylab2006
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Although this doesn't look great from the outside....needs a coat of paint.... it is a great place to eat. Good wholesome food and very friendly staff

1  Thank lottiemac
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Beautiful place to eat. The food is so tasty, pancakes the size of a dinner plate ! Delicious. We stop here anytime we are in the area. Tasty breakfast, lunch.
The staff are so friendly and helpful always.
I would highly recommend Eileen's Tea Rooms. :)

1  Thank IrelandPats