“Disappointed”

Dolce Vita - Italian Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 86 Restaurants in Mullingar
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

A lot of people I know recommended this place so thought I'd go with the mrs for a meal ,the place has a nice setting although we were left standing for 5 minutes with no staff to be seen before we were seated so then we had a drink or two before we ate the starter was nice then we had the main I had lasagne which came out like it got melted in the microwave it was like a slab of pasta I couldn't count the layers there was that many and couldn't find any meat or veg in it and it was bland No seasoning, I was baffled and it came with chips that were overcooked to nearly burnt! ,the Mrs got a pasta dish her sauce was nice had prawns in it but i could tell the penne pasta was the hard stuff you have to boil from supermarket overall won't be returning bland low quality food not restaurant quality .

Reviewed 16 February 2017

I bought it few times and it is good only when it is made by young boy from Romania. Waitress Ivete is very lovely and nice girl. She is really friendly.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I go here pretty often and although they seem to get pretty overwhelmed whenever its busy, its my go to restaurant in Mullingar. Food is always good, service are always friendly and its great value for money. The pizza place next door is top notch too.

Thank Laddington Bear... M
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I was there with a group for a Christmas party. We were seated at a long table which was cramped and did not allow much space to get in or out from the table and did not have much elbow room. The chairs were uncomfortable and it reminded me of canteen rather than a restaurant. It took a long time for the starter to arrive and also for the main course to arrive. You would want to be very fond of salad as it covered most of the plate for the starter and the main course but the food was tasty,

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Fabulous atmosphere. Great food, catered for lots of different tastes. On latest occasion we were approx 40 persons. Various age groups, male and female even different nationalities. Everyone enjoyed. Well worth a visit. Have been here in the past in small groups. The staff know how to cook and present as well as look after their customers. Name may have changed, but all else just as good. Will definitely be back soon.