“Highly recommended!”

Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Mullingar
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days per week JP's Steak House Italian Restaurant provides the very best cuisine in Irish Steak and local fresh ingredients. All of our meat is from An Bord Bia approved suppliers and is hung for a minimum of 21 days for maximum tenderness. All of our meat dishes contain mince made in house from the off cuts of Fillet and Sirloin steak. Our 100% steak mince is used in our Fresh Lasagne, Home Made Burgers and Bolognese sauces. We also have a wide-ranging menu for Vegetarians and Gluten Free options for Celiac requirements on all of our dishes except Pizza and Pasta. Seating capacity for up to 70 people open 7 days per week. Takeaway menu also available. Wheelchair Access & Facilities.
Reviewed 4 May 2017

It's nice place to be, nice décor and a relaxed atmosphere. The menu is very good, as is the food, and the portions are big. Prices are not bad, little bit on the dearer side, and the staff are lovely. We were the last people in the restaurant as they had closed up early but we were there for 2 hours and not once made to feel like we had to rush, even though the staff were actually getting ready to go out for a leaving party! Myself and my friend shared garlic mushrooms for a starter. She has risotto balls for mains and enjoyed them. I ordered Carbonara but the waitress got it wrong and brought out Bolognese (I was actually quite happy about this mistake as it may not have been a good idea to eat something so creamy before going drinking!) which was absolutely delicious. I had chocolate fudge cake for desert and my friend had ice cream and we both enjoyed it. We also had a bottle of wine between us. We left full and happy and I would definitely eat here again!

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I live in London but return home every month to Mullingar..It's a thriving town and as lively as London any day of the week. But my favourite restaurant in Mullingar..and there are many good ones, has to be JP's.. they're the most friendly , accommodating and professional staff ever. I often arrive with a phone call and at least 10 people and nothing is too much for them. The food is excellent .. and lots of it, if you want more, no problem. The service is always with a smile and cater really well for the celiacs of the family.( there are 3 of us ) We actually have a good choice..imagine that !!!! They are never in a hurry to move us even at closing time and no matter how busy.. and the price is really fantastic for the quality of food and service you get. I absolutely couldn't recommend JP's SteakHouse enough and we will continue to enjoy our nights out there !!

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Delicious options and incredibly friendly staff, we got two burgers and when they brought them out we were surprised at how big they were! Great quality food and the restaurant itself has a lovely, romantic atmosphere with dimmed lights and candles, eager to visit again!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We recently got married near Mullingar and prior to our arrival I contacted the owner Gary as we wanted to have a family meal the day after the wedding. We'd already eaten at JP's once before during a previous stay in Mullingar and were so impressed with it that it prompted us to want to take our extended family there. We were unsure of numbers right up until the day (which ended up being 30+ people!) but Gary was very relaxed about this. The meal did not disappoint once again and the staff were fantastic. The main part of the restaurant was also very busy on the day but we still got a fantastic level of service. Everyone commented on how fresh the food was and the lads loved the T-bone steaks! Gary even gave me a complimentary bottle of prosecco to celebrate our marriage! Thank you once again to JP's for a fantastic evening.

2  Thank e_m_camp2017
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Food was delicious Excellent Service and the staff were Friendly would Definitely Recommend JP Steak house we will be returning Again