I booked a family break in the Bloomfield House over the Easter holidays, having spent a few days the previous year on a business trip, I decided to give it another visit. Arrived on Easter Sunday, checked in and our room was ready on arrival clean, three beds and spacious. We were all hungry on arrival, so we decided to make use of the hotel carvery, good choice and value.
What can I say about the hotel, it is family friendly, friendly helpful staff, nice big restaurant and lots to choose from at breakfast time, nice comfortable bar with a good bar food menu and the leisure facilities are good.
Downside it needs to improve the facilities for kids, playground is a joke. To attract more families money needs to be spent on improving kids club activities and the playground. Pool isn't child friendly, but is of a good size and changing rooms are clean and spacious.
All in all the Bloomfield House is a lovely hotel, very helpful and friendly staff, good food and nice clean rooms, however it needs a bit of TLC and improvements to kids facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 Star Bloomfield House Hotel, Leisure Club & Spa is located on the shores of Lough Ennell just three kilometers south of Mullingar town. Not only is it the perfect location for relaxation and indulgence, but there are so many great activities onsite and in the surrounding area. Inside the 111 bedroom 4**** hotel, there is plenty for guests to enjoy such as the Stirrup & Reel Bar, Charles Brinsley Restaurant, an impressive Leisure Club with a 20 meter deck level pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam Room, air conditioned Gym and Bloomfield Spa. The hotel also offers excellent Conference, Banqueting and Wedding Facilities with over 30 years of hosting truly wonderful occasions. Dining is an occasion at Bloomfield House. The experienced team of international chefs use the finest produce to create imaginative Irish and International cuisine, providing a dining experience that will delight the palate and your senses. Bloomfield House Hotel is conveniently located just an hours drive from Dublin and offers breathtaking views of the Irish lakelands. Here, you will find some of the best fishing, angling, cruises and water sports that Ireland has to offer. But this great destination has a lot more to offer than attractions of the watery kind - make Bloomfield House Hotel your base as you enjoy bowling, paint balling, equestrian, walking and bike rides in this stunning countryside. Culture-junkies will relish a trip to Belvedere House and Gardens, while golf enthusiasts can tee off at the Mullingar Golf Club located nearby. There is live music in the bar and a free Kids Club runs every weekend and during the holidays so everyone gets to have fun. Bloomfield Spa, a jewel set in the tranquil surroundings of the Bloomfield House Hotel. Escape into a world of pure indulgence and total relaxation. Slip into Germaine de Capuccini Spa World, a place where you will experience the most incredible unique sensations where mind, body and spirit converge to feel an unforgettable and deeply pleasurable experience. Bloomfield Leisure Club is a spacious facility where guests can work out and tone up in a relaxed environment. Guests can avail of the very latest in Health and Fitness with friendly and professional guidance. Nestled amid magnificent parkland on the shores of Lough Ennell, Bloomfield House Hotel offers the perfect country escape with its combination of traditional Irish hospitality, elegant surroundings and modern facilities. The hotel offers 8 Conference and Banqueting Suites, the Stirrup and Reel Bar, The Charles Brinsley Restaurant, Bloomfield Spa and an impressive Leisure Club with a 20-metre deck level pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and air-conditioned gym. Bloomfield House Hotel provides a range of facilities to ensure that you enjoy a comfortable, relaxing and memorable stay. Take advantage of complimentary access to the Leisure Club and Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bloomfield House Hotel, Leisure Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bloomfield House Hotel, Leisure Club Hotel Mullingar
- Bloomfield Hotel Mullingar