“were we the unlucky ones?”

Restaurant Pensiunea Boema
Ranked #24 of 51 Restaurants in Alba Iulia
Cuisines: Romanian
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The only reason we chose Pension Boema was due to fact that they allow pets (as publicly exposed on their website). After talking on the phone with the manager of the hotel (where I explained many times that the dog is socialized, doesn't pee on rugs, doesn't bark for no good reason, that I will personally clean any hairs etc. - this type of explanations/excuses were never necessary in other hotels accepting pets, in Romania or abroad, we were quite amazed), the lady accepted to host us. For her part, she told that they will host a wedding, so there will be some noise during the second night. I had no problem with that, as I was happy that she will receive us with a pet. Following our arrival at the hotel, exhausted and hungry after a long journey on the road, we decided to take lunch in the restaurant (as other guests very much appreciated the food there). In the minute we stepped in, and after the landlady and her husband (I guess) didn't return our "hello" we immediately felt unwelcome. The manager came to our table preventing us in a very serious tone and with a very superior attitude that she has VIPs in the hotel and she doesn't want to hear any bark, any complaint, doesn't want hairs inside or...
Or what? throw us out? after we just came in and paid the entire sum for two nights? I don't remember the entire conversation, only the fact that I kept reassuring her that I would gladly vacuum clean the hotel room every morning.
My husband was already completely pissed off at the fact that she divides her guests in "VIPs" and "just nobody"...and that I kept humiliating in front of her.
Other minuses IMO: lack of hair dryer; the garbage in the bathroom was still there on Sunday morning (check in was on Friday). Me, my husband and my son couldn't sleep at all during the wedding night.
The breakfast was good and the personnel in the restaurant was kind and efficient, but that couldn't completely erase the bitter impression from the first day. PS> the dog never disturbed other guests, other guests disturbed us, dog included :-).

4  Thank adi43
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Great food, service and atmosphere.
Good price for the rooms. I stayed longer and I had discount.
I'll always gladly return at this place. Totally recommend it.