“Good food after ski day”

Restaurant Dragului
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Predeal
Cuisines: Romanian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

In the ski season the restaurant is always full. You have to wait up to 45 min. for a table but it will be worth it. It's a very comfy place, warm. The food is special and it tastes amazing. I love the pasta and the desserts in particular.

Date of visit: September 2016
Hotel D, Owner at Restaurant Dragului, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Dear Irina N,

Your compliments about the food you found special and the place you judged comfy and warm are appreciated by all the team who thanks you for these kind words.
We are delighted that you had such a memorable experience while dining with us. Our restaurant, the most famous on the Prahova Valley in terms of quality, provide a unique selection of dishes preparing them by only using locally sourced, fresh ingredients.
We were all excited to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and our team were able to demonstrate their qualities in a professional manner. It is always a treat to know that their hard work paid off and their efforts were recognized. It is part of our mission to daily surprise and delight each single guest and it’s a big honor to hear that you enjoyed our unique Restaurant Dragului service.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Great terrace , everything looks great, unfortunately terrible service experience . Impolite waiters when you try to take a sit suddenly pretending that everything reserved when places are empty .

Dear Mircea D,

Thank you very much for taking the opportunity and sharing your feedback on your recent visit at Restaurant Dragului.
We apologize for the negative experiences you made during your visit at our restaurant. I was deeply disappointed to hear about your experience, especially with the service inconsistency. We do everything to offer an overall high-class experience to our guests – this not only includes food/beverages and ambience, but also a top service. Finding this fine relationship is of course a permanent rethinking and improvement process. Your feedback gives us the opportunity to measure ourselves with respect to our claims, with the aim to perfect our “experience taste”.
It is very important for us to get an honest response from our guests, also if your visit at our restaurant did not meet your expectiations. Only so it is possible for us to develop ourselves.
I am hoping that you one day give us another chance in order to then fully convince you of our food and service quality. We are looking forward to welcome you the next time to Hotel & Restaurant Dragului and until then wish you all the best!

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Wow! What can I say. From the moment you get in, you get professional service and treated like a priority. Even when the place is full - and mind you, you should phone ahead and get a reservation, because the place is packed at almost all times - you’re still not forgotten and get regular updates on when tables are clearing. From the moment you step in, you look around and feel like you are in a really posh location. The terrace and the main restaurant are very different in aspect and ambiance - terrace is more youthful, with trendier music and modern furnishings, while the restaurant is classical, with soothing music and impressive classical décor - but both are treated with the same care and importance. The staff is always friendly and helpful and there are no real delays, whatever you order. The food is probably the best part of the experience. We had many different dishes and each and every one of them was delicious and the presentation was top notch. Also, the prices were not really that high, considering the quality of the food and the service. I’m struggling to find any real drawbacks to the actual restaurant - maybe how noisy it gets at times, but that has to do with the clients - so I highly recommend it and I will be returning.

Dear Monica T,

Your compliments about the service you found professional and the staff you judged friendly and helpful are appreciated by all the team who thanks you for these kind words. We are thrilled to read your motivating comments regarding the good music as well as regarding the nice environment.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

The entire experience there was wonderful. This place has been recommended to me by my aunt, and since me and my boyfriend were planning some day trip in that area, we planned to grab lunch there. It proved to be a very good decision! The atmosphere is pleasant, and we were lucky that the place was not too crowded. The waiter was always there when we needed him, moved fast, was polite, recommended side dishes, he even opened the menu on the Desserts page for me (without me asking, obviously). The food was delicious (I had the traditional fish dish and my boyfriend had some beef meal). I didn't expect the plates to be such nicely decorated and the food to look that good. The creme brulee was also very tasty (it was homecooked and not prepared from some mix or so, from what we could tell). The food is a little bit on the pricier side (so probably not the cheapest place in Predeal to eat), but definitely worth it. The menu is very diverse, there must be something to everyone's taste on it! I was truly impressed and could hardly decide what to order. The place was clean (the restroom also), the music was nice. Keep up the good work! I would definitely come back.

Dear onic761,

Your compliments about the entire experience you found wonderful and the food you judged delicious are appreciated by all the team who thanks you for these kind words.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Simply the best in the area. If you are in Predeal or Valea Prahovey area, don't do the mistake to not eat here.

Dear Ionut-Iulian C,

Thank you very much for taking the opportunity and sharing your valuable feedback on your recent visit at Restaurant Dragului, we are extremely glad to hear your remarkable comments concerning our location. A short but sweet review, thank you for leaving this and for your recommendation.
We are honored you consider Restaurant Dragului as one of the best restaurant in the Prahova Valley area.