“Great steaks”

Ranked #25 of 1,088 Restaurants in Fuengirola
Cuisines: Argentinian, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: summer opening hours 30-6-16 hasta 4-9-2016 17:00 hasta - untill 24:00-sundays closed
Reviewed 30 March 2018

The restaurant is situated in a quiet street leading from the harbour to the main street, not far from the Fuengirola station and indoor market.

The menu is simple and to the point – a few starters, soups, salads, sides and desserts – and the main attraction: the list of meats!
If you expect an intricate display of interesting types of lettuce or cleverly cut vegetables on your plate, go elsewhere. Poncho’s do meat, and they do it well. Their homemade chimichurri is fantastic!

I had the tenderloin steak and it was delicious, cooked to perfection, tender and moist with a distinct grilled flavour. I chose a side of sautéed (almost caramelized) onions, which was a perfect match for the meat.

Try their super-tangy lemon sorbet for dessert – bursting with flavour, and so refreshing it almost hurts.

The price level is average for the area and the type of food, but it is more than reasonable for the great quality you get.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Recommended by a friendly landlord locally. (Mark @ the London pub) we are so so glad he did!!! The best steak I’ve probably had! A lovely setting, wonderful friendly staff and overall a great experience. Thankyou to all. :)

1  Thank yblaks2
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We were visiting Poncho´s two times during our one week vacation with the boys. The restaurant is small so make sure you have a booking, if you are going with a bigger group of people. Our waitress Annie took a really good care of us and the second time when we all wanted to have separate bills, there was no problems with that either (there was 15 of us). And the food itself was amazing. If you want to enjoy a good stake, Poncho´s is the place to visit. Meat was tender, well cooked and all the orders were spot on. You can build your meal how ever you like, but I have to recommend the fillet steak with the house sauce. A tasty garlic sauce on top of the meat, what more can you ask for?! The place is not for fancy panties. When the product is in order, you don´t need much more! Poncho´s is a real value for your money, if appreciate a good, simple steak.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are stopping at Los Amigos in El Faro just along the coast from Fuengarola. I was checking trip advisor for somewhere to eat and Ponchos came up as a favourite and with a good score. We went there tonight and even though we hadn't booked they managed to fit us in. I ordered a medium/rare rib eye steak which was cooked to perfection. The chimichurri sauce/dip was beautiful. The house red was also good quality and perfectly complimented the steak. It's a little bit pricey but it is Argentinian beef. If there's a few of you going I would book in advance, you wouldn't want to be disappointed, there is a covered area out on the street but as it gets cold at this time of the year you'd be better off getting a table inside.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I had in Poncho’s one of the best mixed grill plates ever. The plate was for 2 persons, but there was more meat than 3 persons were able to eat. And the meat was great quality and very well prepared. Tenderloin, sirloin, lamb, local sausages. This along with the service make Poncho’s one of the best restaurants in the town. I do recommend!