All reviews train station central courtyard spanish style hotel dunnes stores spanish feel air con few minutes walk good size bars and restaurants short stay can't comment on the food lovely hotel stayed bed and breakfast sun trap loved this hotel tapas short walk to the beach
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We stayed there in June (10 days). The location is perfect. Close to the beach, bars, restaurants and yet quiet and peaceful at night. The rooftop pool is a bonus, if you like sunbathing its excellent and perfect for cooling off at the end of a busy day, before hitting the bars. Best thing we enjoyed was the banter with the staff. The receptionist (la chica de Seville) was the star. Fluent in several languages, always smiling and available for a chat. Don't know about the restaurant, as we ate out every day, but will definitely consider the breakfast next time we stay there

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ianhJ6124MC
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Lovely hotel, large room and fantastic location - 2 minutes to bus station and 3 to train so great for getting to Mijas, Marbella and Malaga and 5 minutes from the beach. Despite this central location, the hotel was tucked away so not noisy.
We only stayed bed and breakfast but there was something for everyone and fresh eggs every morning.
The reception staff were so helpful and friendly, especially the lovely Mercedes who is a people person! She recommended Charolais bodega for dinner and we were not disappointed. There were other good restaurants in the ‘Correos’ area - Colon and Bubba Bar.
The only negative thing I can say is there was no balcony.
I would definitely recommend Las Rampas Hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank SmileySisters
Reviewed 8 July 2018

This is really an exceptional hotel and so easy to get to (even from the airport)! - Before I arrived I asked for a room that had a double bed if poss and a good view (they said they would do what they could but couldn't make any promises) - when I arrived my single standard was a fairly large room with a double bed (OK view leaves a bit to be desired but to me the bed was more important!).

The rooms were always clean and the staff are so friendly (I was sick for one day and was having a nap when the maid came in to clean the room - so the next day she asked me in broken English if my stomach is ok).

Most of the staff speak English - or at least enough for you to get understood and vice se versa.

I didn't spend much time around the swimming pool - but there is a small/medium one on the roof. The breakfast is amazing - they accommodate everyone, English Breakfast, fresh fruit, pastries, continental - and its a massive area to eat.

The actual rooms also have beautiful wooden carved doors - all this surprised me because from the outside hotel looks a little dodgy - but once inside its like a little oasis - very cool, very Spanish, very peaceful - the shower was powerful and the aircon was bliss!!

Though I'm familiar with Fuengirola this is the first time I've stayed in a hotel - and I have to say one thing that really stood out for me was that this hotel is supremely wheelchair accessible, if you have trouble walking or even just getting around - there's lifts even for a 3 steps down to the restaurant - there is also ramps on every floor (and there's only 3 floors!) - lots of older people stay here - I noticed alot of Spanish also stay here - and you know its a good hotel if the locals choose it!

Getting from the airport: Come out of the airport walk across the square and cross the road following signs to the train station - as you go in on the right the are red ticket machines - in the lower left hand of the screen press the flag to change the language from spanish to english (you may need to touch the screen first to activate it). Buy a ticket to Fuengirola (just over 3 euros) and go down the escalators on the right hand side of the station to the platform - Fuengirola is the very last stop - takes about 50 mins. (Spanish underground is even better/easier than the UK - and that's saying something!!).

Get out the station and if you look towards the right on the opposite side of the road you will see a white sign down a side street called 'Dunnes' cross the road and follow the sign walk down the street till you come to the next main road runs parallel to train station look across the road to your left and you will see a shop called Morretti (may be closed though - as currently in liquidation) - but Dunnes is practically opposite the bus station which you will find yourself standing next to if you follow the 'Dunnes' sign and the Hotel is right next door (just look down the side street infront of you).

Fuengirola is great for getting to Malaga, Puerto Banus, Torremolinos, - don't forget to check out the Bioparc about 10 mins walk from Hotel and the Saturday Market in Fuengirola (finishes by 2ish so its a morning thing). - and of course...there's the beach...

Room Tip: Drop a note to the hotel in advance - they will accommodate if possible
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank Cleo P
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Enjoyed our last stay in 2012. So many places drop their quality over time but glad to say Las Rampas has maintained high standards both in service and the property itself. Will definitely be using it again. There may be 1 or 2 things that put you off if you are not expecting so I'll outline them.
It is not on the beach but it is only about a block away and an easy walk with pedestrian crossing.
The pool is very small with about 20 sunbeds. Also there are a couple of large buildings either side of it so it only gets the sun for about 4-5 hours a day.
Our room window opened directly onto the window for another room. (our previous room was an inside one).
But it is perfect for all the restaurants and shops. It is a short walk to the bus station, and only slightly further for the train station which has a good service to airport.
Unlike most in-town hotels this is one that you could easily use for a longer stay or proper summer holiday.
We managed to retain the room on the last day till 18:00, because we were flying out at 21:00. But this is only if they have availibiliy.

Room Tip: Most rooms are interior. Email them if you have a preference.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trevorbaker
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

My partner, his mum and I stayed at the hotel las rampas for 6 days. There is a lift that takes you straight to reception. On our arrival the receptionists were very helpful and I had called prior to our arrival to ensure that we had the facilitates required for my partners disabled mum. They ensured that she had a walk in shower and helped us to arrange a wheelchair. Although we had booked room only, we decided to try the buffet breakfast which was really good and only 8euros so we opted for the breakfast most mornings. The hotel is in a great location and about 5 minutes from the beach front and we walked about 15 minutes to the beach. The beaches are great and have toilets with ramp access to the beach. There are loads of great restaurants nearby, we didn’t have one bad meal! There are also lots of bars! There is a small swimming pool however, it doesn’t get the sun until afternoon. This hotel was perfect for a short break and seems popular with golfers and couples. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family