All reviews small kitchenette studio apartment private pool central location good size bars and clubs across the road excellent location pool bar toilet roll underground parking side sea view bathroom door self catering buffet breakfast kitchen area two single beds
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at PYR and it is primarily for the location. Right opposite the port, 5 min walk to fish alley.
We had a studio apartment this time and it was really spacious with a separate lounge area with a couch as well as a kitchenette (tiny but useful), no kettle as seems to be pretty standard but fridge and hob which is really handy.
We were at the back of the hotel near POGs bar so there was no view from the balcony or morning sun but it was a lot quieter than being on the front.
Rooms cleaned daily and new towels etc. a couple of times a week.
We had no trouble getting sun loungers, although it was before school holidays so not sure about high season.
Hotel in general really clean, staff helpful, rooms dated but good size and a good location. Would stay again

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2018

The hotel is excellently placed on the front and has an excellent pool area. The room was large and the breakfast choice very good BUT that's where it ends.
I paid £1,050 for a 7 night stay and expected a lot more for my money.
A kitchen and no kettle ?? wall light above the bed hanging off the wall on the wires, a constant drip of water from the room above into the bath (Chinese water torture) and subsequent fusty smell and mould growth on the ceiling. Non of the mentioned were addressed. I don't know about other rooms but 609 is tired and dated.
I've stayed in 4 other hotels in Fuengirola as this has been the least favourable. I'll be returning to the resort but not the PYR.

Room tip: The pool view rooms have afternoon and evening sun and are quieter.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Pyr hotel with family.
Would highly recomend it..very helpful staff..rooms cleaned every day..great view..very central..lots of restaurants and bars.would go back again..thanks for a very lovely holiday.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Stayed in a one bedroom apartment in Pyr Fuengirola from 25th June until 2nd July 2018. As requested we were on the first floor with a side view of the pool. Had no problem getting sunbeds all week, there were plenty of them. The pool area was lovely. Handy having a snack bar there too.The apartment had a microwave and fridge freezer. Thought it was a very reasonable charge of 1 euro 50 cents for the hire of the room safe. The apartments are in an ideal location for everything, shops, restaurants are on your doorstep....Beach is just across the road. Would have no hesitation in booking again and would recommend to friends and family. Muchas gracias!

Room tip: Low floor is better to avoid using lifts.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank paulinear1970
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I booked 7 of us in this hotel on a golfing trip, the one room with 3 of us in was the smallest out of them all ! I went down in the morning to ask if we could change one of the rooms because it was on the first floor opposite a nightclub and very noisy, one guy on reception said go and have breakfast and then you can change your room , I came back and he said it’s not ready yet go and play golf and we will sort it . We come back from golf and this guy on reception called luis said you had to do it by 12 , I explained what the other guy said he just smirked and said no. I argued with him but he was the most smarmest man I have ever met. To top it all off are flights was cancelled late on the Sunday luckily we booked one room for an extra day because are flights were midnight ( 66 euros), when we ask if there was any other rooms this luis with a smirk said we only have suites for a 150 euros a night..went on Booking.com and found rooms for 80 euros, so when we down and sorted are rooms he put us in the worst two rooms in the hotel opposite a strip club ( obviously with a smirk on his face) . He was like basil fawltey!!!!

Are great hotel view...