“Very Good”

Ranked #114 of 439 Restaurants in Nerja
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just fancied something different after six weeks in Nerja so gave Ichiban a try.
Nice welcome and shown a table in the rear courtyard- no views whatsoever but it was cooler.
We had a mix of Teppanyaki, Nigiri, Sashimi, and Tempura dishes with Udon noodles and they were all very good
Presentation was ok mostly nice but let down by the addition of some plastic leaves (really naff)
But overall a nice meal
Recommend - it’s worth a try

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Partner and I like this restaurant, and have been 3 times over the past month or so and it has always been up to expectations. He loves sashimi which he says is very good, I prefer Thai so its a good mix for us. I enjoy the Chicken Massaman Curry. It is perhaps not as 'piquante'as I like- one can always ask for a couple more chillies - but nevertheless delicious. The street outside area is a bit public and can be noisy but the back terrace is fine with shade. Service, hmm well a bit haphazard. Nevertheless, a try is recommended.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Had a lovely Chinese meal here. Very tasty and great value. Would definitely recommend. The 3 course menu del dia served at lunch time looked great but we didn't try it, only because we don't eat that much at lunch time.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We visited here on New Year's Day as every other restaurant in town was shut. The place was practically empty, and in hindsight I am not surprised.
The service was wishy-washy, the "decor" was cheap. Sadly wen the food arrived things did not improve. Tasteless, and cold and poorly presented. The deserts were a joke. The bill was not! At €60 for 3 it was totally overpriced imo.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I am in Nerja for a weeks holiday. Each night we try a new restaurant. I am coeliac & have been avoiding japanese food as i am not sure i can trust they understand my problem. Last night as i passed by the Ichiban
restaurant i stopped & spoke to David who assured me that they knew all
about gluten & would take care of me.
When i arrived at the door tonight he
not only remembered me & my gluten
but took top class care of me all
night. My sister & i agreed that we
had the best food & best value of our
holiday. We thoroughly enjoyed the
night. We chose the Teppanyaki
show. The chef was both skilled &
entertaining. Thank you David & all
the staff for making our night a
special one. We will be back.