“Belated birthday”

The Ivy Marlow Garden
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Marlow Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 79 Restaurants in Marlow
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My sister and I were delighted with the service, setting, food but our experience was sadly marred by a noisy,food flinging toddler at an adjacent table!
We are both Grandparents and are quite used to small people but perhaps the Ivy wasn't the place to bring a toddler.

1  Thank ladygrey652

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Scallops with pea purée to start (£11), duck curry with lemongrass, cashews and fragrant jasmine rice (£15), bottle of Chablis (~£24), coffee and chocolate truffles. Attentive service, well presented and very tasty food, portions a little small. Interesting decor, makes it somewhere for a more special occasion or to impress a client.
Would happily return as another 6-7 things in the menu I would have liked to try.
Love Marlow, so many good places to eat.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Been today for afternoon tea with my daughter, my mum & my sister for my mums birthday. Absolutely lovely afternoon, lovely staff, lovely food & atmosphere. Highly recommended & will be returning.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Lovely to be there with my small family in very stylish and eclectic surroundings being served by beautiful (and superbly efficient) people.

Shame about the food.

We really welcomed the addition when it opened - a taste of London buzz and style in sleepy little Marlow. We have visited several times and taken family, friends, and colleagues and although each time there was one or another dish that disappointingly didn't meet expectations, all was quickly forgiven because it's such a pleasant place to be.

A wee bit different this time because, sadly, there was a catalog of disappointment: Zucchini fab - go just for that!; Salmon & Crab - salmon wet & slimy; Prawn Cocktail good; 2 x Asparagus & Truffle Hollandaise - asparagus very overcooked - they dribbled (I like to treat them as finger food); tuna carpaccio good; 2 x Ivy Burgers - 1 requested medium, 1 well - both turned up well done and dry as bones; Chicken Salad - chicken was likened to shoe leather w/very mundane salad; chicken Milanese dry as bone; Flat iron roast chicken - (my choice) akin to eating sawdust; creamed spinach ok-ish; tenderstem broccoli good; kids fish & chips - fish overcooked, mushy peas great; truffle fries ok but again, overcooked so not fluffy in the centre; deserts all ok to very good.

Usually when we eat out as a family we don't like to complain because it spoils the meal, however, yesterday there were so many poor dishes and unhappy people that our daughter explained our collective dissatisfaction to a manager (someone in black anyway) and off a £220 food bill (total bill £448.31 including water, wine, & tip), she comped £21.70.

Everyone left half or more of their dishes, and know what? My husband and I would have preferred they hadn't bothered and had just apologised: what they did sort of said we're not really sorry but other than saying you are liars we'll give you something off. We didn't want anything off the bill - we wanted edible and enjoyable food.

It's such a lovely venue and great staff that we will undoubtedly go again - but next time we will stick to the tried and tested Wasabi Prawn w/Salt & Pepper Squid, Zuccini Frites, Slow Roast Shoulder of Lamb, Shepherd's Pie (but order extra mash and a lemon half as it is a very sweet recipe). The Rosemary Lemonade is fantastic - almost good enough to make me teetotal. Well, maybe not!

1  Thank Jacqueline W
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I love this place. We have been there for tea and lunch. Both were exceptional.
Very pretty decor, good service and delicious food at acceptable prices.