1,505 results
All reviewschurch bellsdeluxe roomgranolahomemade biscuitsattention to detailbath saltsbath housefree tea and coffeeoverlooking the churchlittle extrasfirst classexcellent foodlovely roomparking permitsecond visitbar areawarm welcome
Reviewed 25 February 2018

I must admit I always find Trip Advisor reviews reliable and those given for The Sun met all my expectations. Lunch was extremely good. The food was well presented, well seasoned and plated with well-judged portions. The ambience was delightful and the service was friendly but professional. It's always nice to find a place that you intend to visit again. I would highly recommend The Sun without any hesitation.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank LAB1801
SunInnKirkbyLonsdale, Guest Relations Manager at The Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your dining experience with us,

It is always nice to read how much our guests have enjoyed their visit and we fully appreciate the support in a recommendation.

We hope to see you in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Hi , I stayed at the Sun inn at Kirkby Lonsdale . We were greeted by friendly professional staff and offered complimentary coffees from the bar free of charge for the duration of the stay . We had a beautiful Sunday lunch . Which was great value for money . The rooms were comfortable and very clean . The breakfast next morning was home cooked local produce and home made ketchup and jams . A real treat

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrpat191274
SunInnKirkbyLonsdale, Guest Relations Manager at The Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you for your review of the Sun Inn.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My wife and I stayed here with our dog for two nights. Very dog friendly with a dog bowl, treats and a dog towel provided in the room. Dog also welcome in the bar and in a designated area in the restaurant. Great sausages and black pudding for breakfast! Very comfortable room, welcoming bar and very good food. Great location as well in the centre of the town. While no parking due to its location, they do provide a token for free parking on the towns pay and display car park. On booking they even offered a choice of feather free bedding which we need. Overall, an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pdm30bmot

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at the Sun Inn. The black pudding at breakfast is a gust favourite and we are proud to say that it is from the award winning Dales butches next door.

We hope to see you both again.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Lunch can be too much sometimes knowing your out for dinner also.
At The Sun they advertise Small Plates which are great and just fill a gap leaving you still looking forward to dinner.
I ordered the small plate Salmon & Haddock Fishcakes which was delicious. Two fish cakes with a sauce which matched the fishcakes beautifully.
I also ordered a Broccoli soup and it was also very good and definitely tasted homemade. My wife was happy with her fishcakes and I would recommend The Sun for lunch.
They also have rooms here but we never saw them except online. Service was excellent and it felt very family run.
Very relaxed interior and easy to switch of.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Booked room at last minute as was stranded overnight. Unexpected treat. Staff were welcoming friendly and helpful. Food excellent. Room lovely. Even magicked up a bottle of my favourite malt from nowhere. Best hotel experience in England for years.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank dan b

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased we were able to help you with a room for the night and fantastic to hear the experience was a very positive one for you.

We hope to see you again.