“Xmas do”

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Took my volunteers out for their xmas do so quite a few of us descended onto the star. Despite there being 20 of us food was brought out quickly. The service was excellent, staff friendly, atmosphere toasty and food scrumptious. Very impressive for the amount of us!! So big thank you too the staff!

Sara W, Manager at The Star Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Hi there, thank you for your fab review, we really enjoyed having you all in the other day. I have passed your comments on to the team on duty who will be really pleased with the review.

Hopefully see you all again soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

My first time in a Wetherspoons and was really impressed . Staff were friendly and our meals were served really quickly . Loved the excellent value meal deals with drinks included . Inn itself was busy and clearly popular with locals and visitors . We liked the atmosphere and will definitely return . Great find.

Sara W, Manager at The Star Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Hi Jo

Thank you for such a great review, the team will be delighted to read your comments and that your first visit to a Wetherrspoons was such a positive experience.

Hopefully see you again soon and Happy New Year.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Meal was ordered and delivered quickly. It was tidy and very busy. Food was fine, Ordered veggie burgers, a little too spicy but still good. Refillable lattes went down a treat. All for less than £10 for two.

Sara W, Manager at The Star Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Hi, and thank you for such a great review, we hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Happened to be in Honiton after lunch and fancied a drink and something to eat. Thought we would try The Star Inn. Unfortunately there were more children under the age of 5 running around unsupervised than there were adults in the room. One table resembled a children’s birthday party, which to be held in a pub is a tad inappropriate.

Found a table away from the children near the bar where we were served by friendly and helpful staff. Standard food for a Wetherspoons.

However, throughout our visit we were disturbed with the constant running around of our table by the unsupervised young children who had ventured into the bar area.

Will not be returning

Hi, thank you for taking the time to give us a review, I was saddened to read of your experience.

We are family orientated business and there will be children at our venues, unfortunately this particular group decided to have a childrens party but this was not arranged or organised by us. The team on shift did speak to the parents and they were asked to be responsible for their children.

I was pleased to read that you found us the team friendly and helpful, and the food was what it should have been.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

I was in Honiton and decided to go to Wetherspoon for brekkers. I ordered my breakfast and sat down waiting for it to arrive. The lady who served me, who turned out to be Sophie the Duty Manager, I noted, got her meal and sat down nearby. During the course of her meal a customer arrived at the bar, Sophie left her meal and served that customer and two other customers who had also then arrived. Sophie then went back to her table and continued eating. My meal arrived with the only other member of staff I noted who was also busy flitting around serving meals and clearing tables. During my breakfast I noticed Sophie had to get up again to serve another customer and again the one or two that followed. She finally sat back down again and finished her meal. I did not notice any raised eyebrows or sighs of angst, it was all done with a smile.
This is not to say the other lady did not do well, she was working equally hard. However I do think that Sophie is a credit to Wetherspoons and a very pleasing front of house lady.
I will also say that until this morning I had never met nor do I know Sophie.
Paul Livsey

Hi Paul, Sophie was delighted to read your great review and indeed she is a credit to us here at the Star and the Wetherspoon brand.

Thank you so much for taking the time to notice her efforts.