“EXCELLENT SERVICE, GOOD FOOD AND SOMETHING DIFFERENT”
Review of Turkish Meze Bar

Turkish Meze Bar
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Harwich
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Reviewed 28 June 2017

We had thought about going to this restaurant for some time, and decided last minute to give it a try. It was a Tuesday night and whilst not busy, we were made to feel welcome and they made sure we were entertained the whole time. From being greeted by the owner to explanation of each of the dishes, the evening was a joy. First of all they bought us a plate of different dishes, feta cheese, olive oil etc, all compliments of the house, served with warm delicious pitta bread. My only complaint was that the pitta bread is too nice!!! and I had to eat all of it.

Next we had a mixed meze, with a number of different dishes, again, very well presented and a feats for the stomach as well as the eyes. More warm pitta bread!!! and extra stuffed vine leaves, after my wife mentioned that she liked them.

She then had the moussaka, I had the lamb skewers, all very good, washed down with a great Turkish red wine, yes a good red!!! I have never had red from turkey before, but we really enjoyed this one.

Full up, my wife passed on dessert, but I had the kadiyf and they served it with rice pudding and ice cream, if that was not enough, they also served a plate of fresh fruit, compliments of the house!!!!

A thoroughly pleasant evening and we will go back.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We did stay the last day after our Scotland trip in Harwich and where pointed out to this restaurant. The food was excellent. A very good place to have a great diner and get excellent attention / service !

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Adapted the meze menu to suit its customer, Nice relaxing atmosphere, kind and helpful staff, food was delicious.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Very friendly service lots of grub, the Meza came with so many choices. Had ishkender and various courses

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

We just had the most delicious Turkish food,for our group of 4, 2 veggie,2 not. The food and wine was great, service excellent and the restaurant clean and comfortable. I can't believe I've never been here before and I will certainly be visiting again. Top recommendation for the area