β€œTradicional Mexican food”
Review of El Dorado - CLOSED

El Dorado
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Saturday night I went to El Dorado with my family who lives in Dursley and we had absolutely great time. The food was cooked perfect. I had taco Mexicano from special for starters and El Dorado Mix fajitas as main dish both tastes delicious and finish my dinner with Banna Burrito yummy. All my family enjoyed the food as well. Worth visiting

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Food was ok but like a previous reviewer said until last night never had broccoli at a Mexican before. Me and my friends ordered the same drinks but they looked completely different. It was someone's birthday so they turned the lights off to sing an extended version of happy birthday so it was pitch black and couldn't see our food.

1  Thank shicks0709
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

This is a great place in relaxed atmosphere. I had a steak was cooked perfect and the service was fast and friendly . Well worth planning your dinner stop in the area.

3  Thank Nikos L
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Dursley, an unassuming market town on the edge of the Cotswolds can sometimes appear to struggle for class against posher towns in the locality.
So when El Dorado open a restaurant in the town and the reviews show it is good, it is heartening. We visited and were not disappointed. Nice food, good portion sizes and excellent service. Add to this no 'optional service charge' blackmail when settling the bill.

Enjoyed the food, the flavours and the overall experience and will definitely come again. It is as though having a few very good restaurants in the region has attracted others. We have a UK no 1 pub, an excellent Indian restaurant and a few others that are getting good reviews.
Things are looking up for Dursley.

2  Thank Joe H
Reviewed 24 June 2017

My wife and I went last night and frankly found the food to be very poor. Having eaten Mexican food in the US this is a very poor example.

Have never seen brocholi, tomato, aubergine and mushrooms in mexican fajitas sitting in a pool of oil. Also most of veggies were raw. Other parts of meal rather bland.

Service good, decoration great, food not good.

Limited veggie mains. As most Mexican food does not have meat due to cost when in country this was a supprise.

Unfortunatly off my tick list. Unlikely to return.