“Lovely cafe with great choice of food ”
Review of Bank Cafe

Bank Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Dursley
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Have spent many a morning in The Bank and it never fails to please. Friendly service, spacious with lovely coffee & a varied selection of cakes, brunch etc.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

The retro theme and comfy sofa make this a great place to spend a hour drinking coffee or having brunch. Staff and friendly and services is usually quick although when really busy you may have to wait for a little while. Food is excellent and the cakes are brilliant. It is on the Cotswold Way so a great place to stop and have a bite to eat

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I have to say I’m really surprised at reading some of the bad reviews on here. I’ve been to Bank twice over the last few weeks and it’s been excellent both times. The food has been good and the staff friendly. The service wasn’t slow either. I guess people maybe have different experiences depending on the time they go perhaps? But I would say that it’s the best place to go for lunch in Dursley by a long way! I’ve had the cooked breakfast and also the ham and cheese pancake - both were excellent.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Lunching with the two of us, a misheard lunch order resulted in only one dish arriving. No offer of bringing the menu or the chance to order a second dish was given. When I spoke to the waiter, I was publicly and loudly admonished and informed that the kitchen staff had ‘gone out of their way’ to rustle up the sandwich we had been served, with ingredients that were apparently off-menu at the late hour of 1:30. Bacon, egg and mushrooms?

The water was unflinchingly and increasing rude and vocal and I was told to shut up and listen.

Never have I been treated so badly in a cafe before.

My wife and I were left shaken. It was difficult to eat. We gave most of it to our dogs.

As regular customers, it was the last thing we had expected.

Suffice to say we will not be going there again.

1  Thank Kuhl B
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

What attracts me to the cafe is that there aren’t many other options in town, and it does have a convenient play area for the kids, toys and a range of board games so we enjoyed a game of battleships. The issue I have is with service. Now I appreciate that there was only one person serving today, but still, there seems to be a general tendency for slow service. It’s not just that, it’s also the attitude. We ordered two drinks, a milkshake, and a mocha, and to be fair both were nice, but also a slice of cake, which was not served with the drinks. After a long wait I had to remind the guy serving, and his response was a little rude to be frank, as if to say be patient? but why not serve everything together, why have to wait fifteen minutes extra for the cake? it’s not the first time it’s happened. Also, to be honest, the cake, chocolate and orange, was quite average. In general, for a cafe, it’s also quite pricey and for this level of service, I begin to ask myself if it’s worth going back.