“Worth making a detour!”

The Bulls Head
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We found the Bulls Head when travelling along the A14 and saw one of their signs. To be fair, it was quite a long way from the main road, so we were pleased to find they were serving food.
The surroundings are pleasant with a woodburning stove keeping it cosy. They keep a decent selection of real ales. The staff were friendly enough. It looks as though the loos have been recently refurbished and are a credit to the place.
I chose the Short rib off the Specials card; my other half had the curry. After a respectable wait, the food arrived. The beef was lovely, very tender and the vegetables were cooked perfectly. (I hate soggy veg!!)
The curry, however, was disappointing. Bland may suit some people, but we like a curry to taste like a curry. She said it hardly tasted of anything.
We ate our food and finished our drinks. It was interesting that there must have been half a dozen opportunities where the staff could have asked if everything was OK. They didn't. Why not? Don't they want customer feedback? The only thing we were asked was whether we wanted a dessert.
Bit of a shame really. With a bit more effort, they would be scoring Excellent.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We've been here twice now for lunch, and if you like a traditional pub with good pub grub, you'll love this place. The hotpot is superb, as are the faggots. And all home made and locally sourced. Brilliant.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

What a super country pub to visit. A family-run establishment with very friendly staff, excellent home-made foods and very affordable too. A varied menu that offers specials and vegetarian options. Can't wait until my next visit here: need my fix of sausage and mash!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and i came to the Bulls Head for a meal today we both had roast beef a beautiful meal it was we both really enjoyed it compliments to the chef im sure we will be back soon. Roy and Helen Coleman

1  Thank Helen C
Reviewed 22 April 2017

My wife and I went for lunch- tatty,sticky tables,well below average food,soggy eggs wet hamcold chips- £10+ EACH awful - never again ,