“Nice Chinese takeaway in Gairloch”

Hai Yang Chinese Takeaway
Ranked #11 of 18 Restaurants in Gairloch
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

We had a nice Chinese takeaway tonight from Hai Yang.
I had BBQ Spare Ribs to start, these were nice but some of the meat on the ribs was a bit tough and they were all small pieces of ribs (I prefer larger ribs - personal preference) but overall they were nice. My friend ordered vegetarian spring rolls which were nice, fresh and crispy.
For main course I had sweet and sour king prawn hong kong style which was very nice - the only improvement is that the light batter on the prawns could have been crispier. My friend had honey chilli chicken which was very nice.
We also ordered prawn crackers which were very light, oil free and crispy - very nice. Will be back.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

With climbing group staying locally, we normally have one night of takeaway instead of cooking. There isn't much choice in Gairloch, and I was surprised at how good this place was. It isn't exactly Chinatown, but very edible.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Not great, The chef was asleep in back of shop when we arrived.
Food was edible but not great I had chicken curry and husband had chilli chicken but there's better restaurants around Gairloch

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Food was ok but could have been better. Portions were smaller than we were used too and, didn't do extra portions of things like mushrooms or bean sprouts or even rice etc. We ended up gettting an extra meal just to get some mushrooms and veg and were charged accordingly. Still hungry after eating.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

great spare ribs and plain chow mein just what we needed on a rainy windy night very busy so good idea to phone in your order in advance