“Great value for money !”
Review of Kelvin House Hotel

Kelvin House Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton Stewart
Kelvin House Hotel
Ranked #14 of 17 Newton Stewart B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We had a lovely lunch out today at the Kelvin House, Glenluce today. We ordered lasagne (£5.95), Panini(£4.50) and fish and chips(£6.95). The meal was delicious and great value for money. I would definitely recommend you eat here :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mhairi W

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed for a singleng in the area.

Food downstairs was nice - pub-type fare.

Room was warm and comfy - could hear pumping music from somewhere 'til late unfortunately - may not have been from the bar as that seemed pretty quiet

I put my earplugs in rather than hunt out the source, so I have no idea when it finished, or where it was coming from. I did get woken early by some chump hammering on a neighbouring door - but that could happen anywhere I suppose.

Shower wasn't very powerful - opted for a bath instead - which was nice.
Decor is a little tired-looking - but not bad.

Breakfast was lovely - served whenever you choose.

Very reasonable prices so quite good value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My partner and I had a meal here for his birthday and it was delightful. Billy the chef takes great pride in his presentation and presents good fresh cooking, this is served up by Claire who always takes time to chat and see if she can make your dining experience better. Go try it out, you will enjoy. Robin had the haggis stack and I had pizza, yum.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stay here regularly for business purposes and cannot praise it highly enough. The staff are great, the welcome is always warm and the food is fabulous. On my last trip my boss stayed here too and was so impressed with the level of service and quality of food and accomodation for such a reasonable tarrif. The locals add an extra touch of colour to the character of the Kelvin House and are great for a good banter.
My only reluctance in praising the Kelvin House would be that next time I need to book there would be no availability for me. Roseanne, Ian, Claire, Sandra and everyone else keep doing what you're doing and you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: I've stayed in room 4 with the 4 poster, room 2 with twin beds and seen the family room 1 with 4...