See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed for a singleng in the area.

Food downstairs was nice - pub-type fare.

Room was warm and comfy - could hear pumping music from somewhere 'til late unfortunately - may not have been from the bar as that seemed pretty quiet

I put my earplugs in rather than hunt out the source, so I have no idea when it finished, or where it was coming from. I did get woken early by some chump hammering on a neighbouring door - but that could happen anywhere I suppose.

Shower wasn't very powerful - opted for a bath instead - which was nice.
Decor is a little tired-looking - but not bad.

Breakfast was lovely - served whenever you choose.

Very reasonable prices so quite good value.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My partner and I had a meal here for his birthday and it was delightful. Billy the chef takes great pride in his presentation and presents good fresh cooking, this is served up by Claire who always takes time to chat and see if she can make your dining experience better. Go try it out, you will enjoy. Robin had the haggis stack and I had pizza, yum.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stay here regularly for business purposes and cannot praise it highly enough. The staff are great, the welcome is always warm and the food is fabulous. On my last trip my boss stayed here too and was so impressed with the level of service and quality of food and accomodation for such a reasonable tarrif. The locals add an extra touch of colour to the character of the Kelvin House and are great for a good banter.
My only reluctance in praising the Kelvin House would be that next time I need to book there would be no availability for me. Roseanne, Ian, Claire, Sandra and everyone else keep doing what you're doing and you can't go wrong.

Room tip: I've stayed in room 4 with the 4 poster, room 2 with twin beds and seen the family room 1 with 4 beds. There's something here for everyone. Good comfortable beds too.
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank HCM269
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Here for the night 1st September visiting friends in glenluce so looking for somewhere close by and well priced kelvin house was recommended. Our room was lovely even got a four poster!! all the staff friendly, breakfast delicious, just what we needed to cure the hangover!!! When we r visiting in glenluce we'd definitely stay here again. Total value for money!! :-)

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just returned from a great week at Kelvin House bed and breakfast. The owners Sharon and Carl are lovely and will do anything they can to help. The room was great and the breakfast was so good it really did set you up for the day. Would certainly stay here again next time we are in Torquay.

Date of stay: July 2012