Mary's Boon Beach Hotel and Spa(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
Hotels.com
Azure Hotel & Art Studio(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$168
US$136
Turquoise Shell Inn(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$145
Orbitz.com
Travel Inn Hotel(Simpson Bay)
US$85
The Villas at Simpson Bay Beach Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$126
Priceline
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina(Simpson Bay)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$94
Priceline
4,169 results
All reviewsmaho beachascot pubpool barpalm grillplanes landingcolin kingmullet bayclose to the airportst maartenpoint restaurantpool viewgreat vacationfun to watchsister hotelfamily vacationall inclusive packagenight life
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I picked this resort mainly for the plaining spotting. The resort was lovely and restaurants were excellent. The room was stocked daily with drinks and alcohol which was a nice bonus. My only complaint with my room is that I had to leave the lights on all day as I had roaches in my room! I was not very happy with the beach as I found it to be dangerous for kids. The waves were massive and there is a drop so couldn't let kids go in. There is no entertainment for kids at all so after dinner there is nothing to do for them. The whole Island is pretty safe and lovely to go out and stroll out. Perfect for adults!

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank Amy F
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Because we were staying at the sister property....Sonesta Great Bay property...we had dining privileges at the this resort. We chose to go over one night for dinner and did not realize that a reservation was "a must' at The Point restaurant. Since there were only two of us, the restaurant supervisor, Lorna, managed to find a table for 2 was able to accommodate us for dinner. Our dinner was excellent and being the angel Lorna is, she even treated us to a "surprise" for our 50th anniversary that we were celebrating!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachgirl829
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I paid $2094.40 (excluding air fare) for an 8 day stay with an ocean front view. Our room was not on the ocean side at all, however we did see some water but I felt ripped off. Instead we overlooked a street and a roof used as a nursery for the hotel. Our bed was a hard as a rock but the absolute worse part was the thumping from the bass of music that goes on until 4:00 AM from a small club on the same roof. Earplugs didn't help. We suffered through our trip and checked out on Sunday hoping to put this all behind us. I got home that night and was alerted to an $1805.84 charge on my credit card from Maho Hotel Operations in Sint Maarten!!! Now I have to go through the hoops with Travelocity, US Bank, and this "resort" to get this cleared up.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin50778
Reviewed 4 September 2017

First off, I wrote a review for Great Bay where we stayed only a short while. Wasn't a good review. We ended up transferring to Sonesta Maho, and I have to say, it saved our vacation. You are close to everything, you can walk on the streets at night, unlike Great Bay, not as much bugs as Great Bay, and the shows are great. The pool is bigger, there are nights they put the tables out on the beach and have live entertainment. It was great. I will definitely be back because of Sonesta Maho. You can watch the planes land as you're eating lunch, see iguanas walking around. It really felt like you're on a resort, as opposed to Great Bay which is like a roadside motel compared to this one. Pictures I've seen online are accurate, but I'm just sharing my experience. The Sonesta Entertainment Team put on a really nice performance on Friday night across the street at the casino. You'll end up coming here anyway, why pay all the cab fares, just make it a one stop for anything you need.

Room Tip: You get nice views all around, depends what you want to see. Ocean, airport. Depends on you.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank robertjsinko
Reviewed 1 September 2017

First the good: location, food, room view and cleanliness, pleasant housekeeping staff, ease of check in/out, front desk staff, refreshing cool, fragrant towel and champagne while waiting to check in

Now the bad: the majority of the wait staff. Very few smiled and some were just down right rude. This was an everyday occurrence. They appeared to be very overwhelmed and could have used a lot more training. Unfortunately I don't remember the names of the few good ones.
The one server that really stood out was Fantasia Taylor. She was so pleasant, always smiling and very efficient. Kudos to you Fantasia!!

Just Annoying: Kids at the pool bar. Now I love kids but there's a place for them and it's not at a bar with adults even if it is a pool. There was plenty of room in the pool for them to not be in the bar area. There was even a kids pool.

Overall a decent place to stay but I probably wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Pool/Ocean view on the upper floors. I was on 8 and the view is spectacular
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends