Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Great location!”

Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Maho
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Originally we were booked into a king bed, the next night they put us in a room with 2 queen beds, on the renovated floor. It was really nice! Once the hotel is renovated, it will be better. The food was good, multiple options, I enjoyed eating at all of the different restaurants. Most of the bars on the property closed early and they didn't have all of the ingredients to make drinks on the drink menu. The pool area was pretty, but the water is cool. The beach area is small, but there were a lot of places to relax and take in the beautiful view. The planes landing were fun to watch, the people who stood behind the planes taking off were crazy! The casino was across the street. There were clubs and bars around us, on the street the resort was on. We loved the rooftop club, DJ's changed nightly. The Heineken Regatta was going on when we were there, so we went to one of the parties and had fun! The only other issue was trying to get a shower before getting on the plane, I was told we would, but after waiting over an hour it never happened. I didn't get to go to the sister resort, so I cant comment on that resort.

Room Tip: renovated rooms if available
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I had to write a review. Myself and 50 of my family and friends visited this resort to celebrate my 50th Birthday. I booked this resort based on a recommendation of a friend I trust. After all the booking was made I decided to read the reviews after reading the first few reviews my heart sank. I thought I made a big mistake in booking this resort, because all the reviews were so bad. I was very nervous on my arrival as I had vision and I was afraid that it would not be met.
From my airport arrival i was impressed. We were met by a Sunwing rep. with champagne, my group also had our own bus to transport us to the hotel.
There were a few room mixed up that was expected for a group of my size traveling from all over US and Canada. Mr. King and his staff did an amazing job of correcting everything that was incorrect. I have not but good things to say about him and his staff.
The Food:- I would like to see a more variety for vegetarians outside of that I have no complains.
The Restaurant staff including the Food & Beverage Manager: Lindon, Simone and Sandra to name a few were very accommodating. High praise to them. Because of these guys my Birthday celebration is one I will remember for a very long time.
I would highly recommend that people visit this resort and see for themselves.
I would definitely return for another trip.

Room Tip: Rooms 7 and higher are the best
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank gtgal90
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I picked this resort mainly for the plaining spotting. The resort was lovely and restaurants were excellent. The room was stocked daily with drinks and alcohol which was a nice bonus. My only complaint with my room is that I had to leave the lights on all day as I had roaches in my room! I was not very happy with the beach as I found it to be dangerous for kids. The waves were massive and there is a drop so couldn't let kids go in. There is no entertainment for kids at all so after dinner there is nothing to do for them. The whole Island is pretty safe and lovely to go out and stroll out. Perfect for adults!

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank Amy F
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Because we were staying at the sister property....Sonesta Great Bay property...we had dining privileges at the this resort. We chose to go over one night for dinner and did not realize that a reservation was "a must' at The Point restaurant. Since there were only two of us, the restaurant supervisor, Lorna, managed to find a table for 2 was able to accommodate us for dinner. Our dinner was excellent and being the angel Lorna is, she even treated us to a "surprise" for our 50th anniversary that we were celebrating!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachgirl829
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I paid $2094.40 (excluding air fare) for an 8 day stay with an ocean front view. Our room was not on the ocean side at all, however we did see some water but I felt ripped off. Instead we overlooked a street and a roof used as a nursery for the hotel. Our bed was a hard as a rock but the absolute worse part was the thumping from the bass of music that goes on until 4:00 AM from a small club on the same roof. Earplugs didn't help. We suffered through our trip and checked out on Sunday hoping to put this all behind us. I got home that night and was alerted to an $1805.84 charge on my credit card from Maho Hotel Operations in Sint Maarten!!! Now I have to go through the hoops with Travelocity, US Bank, and this "resort" to get this cleared up.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin50778
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maho
11.0 km away
7.1 km away
Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa
0.2 km away
Sonesta Ocean Point Resort

Been to Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!