Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Great Vacation”

Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Maho
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We stayed at Sonesta Maho Beach it was a very well kept and so convenient from airport, to shops, to fine dining, to casino. No car necessary it is all inclusive , but we choose to eat at hotel for breakfast and lunch, and beverages all day while enjoying the beach , Then GO OUT to the great restaurants just outside the hotel doors (walking distance). Do not miss them they are all incredible. making your visit here so much more enjoyable . Staff are very nice as is the hotel. Will go back, Our heartsand prayers go out to all the people there and hopes they are all well, and can rebuild after this terrible hurricane . Such devastation to a wonderful place.

Stayed: February 2017

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

For an all inclusive resort I would expect more. Rooms are dated.. we got "upgraded" to a 5th floor garden view... instead we got to see the roof of the neighborhood bar which played loud music all night. The loud music didn't bother us but the word "upgraded" did. The food however was great. Good selection and fresh. Staff was always grumpy. We probably saw two employees that actually smiled. Other than that they were all miserable. Mini casino was cool. Drinks were delicious.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Davidanthony8
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Bad experience at this Hotel. bad customer service, bad mood of the employees, poor food and the restaurants they advertise over internet do not all belong to the same Hotel. I do not recommend it. I have tried to review this Hotel previously, but I only post sites that I make positive revisions.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Originally we were booked into a king bed, the next night they put us in a room with 2 queen beds, on the renovated floor. It was really nice! Once the hotel is renovated, it will be better. The food was good, multiple options, I enjoyed eating at all of the different restaurants. Most of the bars on the property closed early and they didn't have all of the ingredients to make drinks on the drink menu. The pool area was pretty, but the water is cool. The beach area is small, but there were a lot of places to relax and take in the beautiful view. The planes landing were fun to watch, the people who stood behind the planes taking off were crazy! The casino was across the street. There were clubs and bars around us, on the street the resort was on. We loved the rooftop club, DJ's changed nightly. The Heineken Regatta was going on when we were there, so we went to one of the parties and had fun! The only other issue was trying to get a shower before getting on the plane, I was told we would, but after waiting over an hour it never happened. I didn't get to go to the sister resort, so I cant comment on that resort.

Room Tip: renovated rooms if available
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I had to write a review. Myself and 50 of my family and friends visited this resort to celebrate my 50th Birthday. I booked this resort based on a recommendation of a friend I trust. After all the booking was made I decided to read the reviews after reading the first few reviews my heart sank. I thought I made a big mistake in booking this resort, because all the reviews were so bad. I was very nervous on my arrival as I had vision and I was afraid that it would not be met.
From my airport arrival i was impressed. We were met by a Sunwing rep. with champagne, my group also had our own bus to transport us to the hotel.
There were a few room mixed up that was expected for a group of my size traveling from all over US and Canada. Mr. King and his staff did an amazing job of correcting everything that was incorrect. I have not but good things to say about him and his staff.
The Food:- I would like to see a more variety for vegetarians outside of that I have no complains.
The Restaurant staff including the Food & Beverage Manager: Lindon, Simone and Sandra to name a few were very accommodating. High praise to them. Because of these guys my Birthday celebration is one I will remember for a very long time.
I would highly recommend that people visit this resort and see for themselves.
I would definitely return for another trip.

Room Tip: Rooms 7 and higher are the best
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank gtgal90
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maho
11.0 km away
7.1 km away
Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa
0.2 km away
Sonesta Ocean Point Resort

Been to Sonesta Maho Beach Resort, Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!